Eden Mar Suite Hotel details
With completely refurbished rooms and a setting just minutes from the seafront, it’s no wonder this place is a consistent high-scorer with our guests.
Over the years, this grand 4T hotel has proved to be a firm favourite with guests – so much so that many come back time and time again. It’s a big place set back from the coastline in Funchal. And even though it’s got shops, bars and restaurants on its doorstep, it’s also got lots of greenery, too.
Its location makes for some great outdoor space. A figure of eight swimming pool is tucked into a roomy terrace, with palm-dotted gardens surrounding it. There’s a pool bar, as well as plenty of sunbeds and parasols.
Inside, the accommodation is a mix of bedrooms and suites. The décor is classic, so expect walls painted cream, beds of the big-and-smartly-dressed variety and sturdy wooden furniture. Extras like flatscreen cable TVs and air-conditioning come as standard. What’s more, kitchenettes with microwaves are all part of the set-up.
Another plus point about this place is its dining scene. Start the day with a buffet breakfast served down in the main restaurant. Evenings see your choices swell. As well as the main eatery, there are three à la cartes for half-board guests to enjoy - you will even get given a credit towards the menu. Take your pick from traditional Portuguese dishes in Alfama or indulge in Italian offerings in Il Basilico.
Location• Within Vila Porto Mare resort, with shops‚ bars and restaurants on the doorstep • 2.5km to Funchal centre, set back from a main road‚ up a steep hill or several flights of steps • Complimentary shuttle bus service to Funchal centre • Walking distance to the pebble beach at Praia Formosa
• 2 swimming pools - 1 heated indoor • Poolside bar • Gardens and terraces • Use of 2 other swimming pools, 1 indoor within Vila Porto Mare Resort • Parasols • Sunbeds
We also offer Superior rooms, Suites and Junior Suites.
• Breakfast is either Continental buffet in restaurant • Buffet dinner in the main restaurant or Half Board guests may use their table d'hôte credit against dining à la carte • 4 restaurants - buffet, table d'hôte and 2 à la carte • Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala buffet included • Flexible dining option available: 7 nights Half Board on 14 night holidays and 3 nights Half Board on 7 night holidays. Meals can be taken on any day. Please contact our pre-travel team to add a flexible dining package to your booking.
• Whirlpool bath • Table tennis • Use of spa at sister hotel, the Porto Mare, which is part of the same complex, including gym, whirlpool bath, table tennis, tennis court, minigolf, golf practice net and pétanque
• Lounge bar with pianist most evenings • TV room with widescreen TV • Occasional folklore evenings
• Children's pool • Playground, unsupervised • Cots
Luggage may be transported separately on the coach transfer
All rooms have air-conditioning, kitchen area with microwave and cable LCD TV. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds‚ 3rd bed is a pull-out bed.
Honeymooners and Silver/Gold Wedding Anniversaries receive free room upgrade, subject to availability, sparkling wine and flowers in room on arrival.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide