Hotel Pestana Carlton Madeira details
At the Hotel Pestana Carlton Madeira you barely have to take your eyes off the sea – you can swim, dine and drink without losing sight of it.
The sea views come thick and fast at the Hotel Pestana Carlton Madeira. The property is set at the top of a slope and it overlooks the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean.
Some of the best vistas are served up by the side of the Garden Pool, which is surrounded by sunloungers and palm trees. If you’d rather see the sea close-up, you can head to the Atlantic Pool, which is located at the foot of a cliff side and filled with sea water.
There is an indoor swimming pool at the hotel which is part of the Magic Spa. This pool also boasts a Jacuzzi, a sauna, a Turkish bath and treatment rooms close to the water.
There’s a choice of eateries here. Buffet breakfasts and dinners are served in the Arcos. The Garden Pool Restaurant serves light meals in view of the sea during the day. Plus, there’s a Taverna Grill, which is open at weekends.
Location• Busy location • 1km to the centre of Funchal • Set on a cliff with fabulous views and direct access to the sea
1 hour 15 minutes
• 2 swimming pools - 1 with direct sea access, 1 heated saltwater at garden level • 2 indoor pools - 1 heated year round • Pool snack bar • Parasols • Sunbeds • Towels
• Buffet restaurant • A la carte restaurant or table d'hôte • Buffet breakfast • Snacks available all day from The Pub or garden pool bar • Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners • Flexible dining option available: 7 nights Half Board on 14 night holidays and 3 nights Half Board on 7 night holidays. Meals can be taken on any day. Please contact our pre-travel team to add a flexible dining package to your booking.
• Floodlit tennis court • Minigolf • Watersports, seasonal • Gym • Scuba/deep sea diving centre on-site with PADI • Beauty and fitness facilities with heated indoor pool, gym, sauna, Turkish bath and whirlpool bath • Beauty treatments and therapeutic massages • Games room with table tennis, table football and billiards • Reduced green fees at Palheiro and Santo da Serra golf courses, plus a guaranteed tee-off time and free transport to Palheiro Golf Course.
• Live music • 3 lounges • Bar • Pub
• Separate children's pool • Playground
• Wi-Fi in reception and in rooms - basic connection is free, high speed connection is at a charge • Gift shop and clothes boutique • Newspaper and magazine shop • Hairdresser and beautician • 24-hour room service
Luggage may be transported separately on the coach transfer
All rooms have double glazing, cable TV, radio, phone, minibar, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities free on arrival, then on request at a charge. Standard rooms have twin or double beds and balcony or a terrace. Sea-view rooms, Single rooms, Junior suite sea-view and Pool-view rooms available.
Honeymoon offer: Free room upgrade to sea-view room, subject to availability in resort, sparkling wine in room on arrival.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide