Royal Savoy Hotel details
The pink-washed Royal Savoy has a great position on the sea-front, looking out over the beautiful Bay of Funchal. It’s just a stroll to the harbour and marina and within easy reach of shops, restaurants and the old town.
You’ll find quality and excellence at the Royal Savoy and it has lots of charm. For a start, it takes full advantage of its position. All the rooms look out over the pools and the sea, and it’s a breathtaking sight. Palm-fringed sundecks frame two seawater lagoon pools, while a swim-up bar adds an extra touch of luxury. And you’re so close to the sea when you stroll to the edge of the terraces you’ll be able to hear the waves breaking below.
When it comes to dining, East-meets-West fusion cuisine is on the menu at the elegant Armada buffet and à la carte restaurant. Lounges are quiet and sophisticated, and the cocktail piano bar is a popular spot to start or finish the evening before retiring to guest rooms that are richly furnished and very comfortable.
Location• On the beach • 100m to closest bars and restaurants • 500m to casino and ferry to Porto Santo • 1.5km to resort centre • 18km to the airport
30 - 40 mins
• 2 heated saltwater lagoon-style swimming pools • Heated indoor swimming pool • Access to sea • Subtropical gardens with fountains and waterfalls • Pool bar • Barbecue area • Sea-walk promenade
• Buffet restaurant and à la carte restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
Sports and Relaxation
• Gym • Sauna
• Children's pool
• Cocktail piano bar with live music • Dance floor
Luggage may be transported separately on the coach transfer
All rooms have 2 beds. Junior suites for up to 3 adults have a kitchenette with microwave and dishwasher. Single rooms available.
• 20% off all green fees at Palheiro and Santo da Serra golf courses • Free transport to Palheiro and Santo da Serra golf courses (subject to availability) • Early breakfast and golf storage available
• Sparkling wine and fruit in room on arrival for honeymooners • Honeymooners also receive a complimentary meal with a free bottle of hotel selected wine
• Half board can be taken on any 7 nights of a 14 night holiday and on any 3 nights of a 7 night holiday - see price panel for board supplement price per night
174, including suites
A la Carte extras
• Unlimited use of the following facilities free of charge: Gym, Jacuzzi, Tropical Shower, Turkish Bath, Indoor heated pool • Honeymoon couples receive tropical fruit basket, sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for 2 • Room upgrade: Junior suite for the price of a standard room from 01/11 – 21/12 and from 05/01 – 01/03 • Flexible Dining – available for both winter and summer
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide