in Paphos, Cyprus All Resorts, Cyprus
Magnificent interiors, a top spa, and fine dining - the beachfront Elysium lays on the luxuries in grand style.
All stone turrets, colonnades and fountains, there’s something reminiscent of a fortress about this hotel. It’s an idea the architects definitely played on – they added a wooden drawbridge to the front entrance and a miniature amphitheatre to its grounds as well.
Inside, the grandeur moves up a gear. The lobby is a case in point. All gleaming marble, it’s crowned by a spiralling stairway. Elsewhere, grand archways and wall friezes seem to accompany your every step. The rooms, too, look like they’ve come from a castle. Think dark-wood furnishings and an earthy palette of ochres and terracottas. The standard ones also feature balconies and LCD satellite TVs.
The hub of life here is the main pool. This circular affair boasts a swim-up bar and pillared hydro-massage pool, all skirted by huge terraces. Nearby, you'll find the man-made sandy beach and a diving school. And at the less active end of the scale, there’s the Opium Health Spa that features ESPA beauty products. This temple to indulgence offers everything from body detoxes to algae wraps in state-of-the-art treatment rooms.
Location-wise, the hotel is only a kilometre and a half from Paphos harbour. You’ve also got some fantastic sightseeing close by – the Tomb of the Kings stands right opposite the hotel.
Location• Beachfront , next to the Tombs of the Kings • 200m to pharmacy and cash machine • 2km to Paphos Harbour • 1.5km to Ktima Paphos town centre • 15km to Paphos airport
25 minutes to 1 hour
• 2 swimming pools - large multi-level pool with hydro-massage and indoor pool, heated in Winter • Mare Nostrum swim-up pool bar, Apr -Oct
• Epicurean restaurant, Nov-Apr • Open-air Mediterraneo restaurant offering Cypriot and Mediterranean cuisine for lunch, May-Oct • Lemonia Piazza for breakfast, lunch and dinner • Ristorante Bacco with outdoor seating offering Italian cuisine for dinner • O'Shin restaurant offering Far East cuisine for dinner • Brasserie Messina offering French cuisine • Café Occidental • Christmas and New Year gala dinners • Flexible dining: 7 nights Half Board available on 14 night holidays and 3 nights Half Board available on 7 night holidays. Meals can be taken on any day
• Aerobics • Aqua aerobics twice a week • Tennis • Table tennis • Pool table • Billiards • Games room • Cydive resort diving school • 4 championship 18-hole golf courses within 25 min drive • Pilates room
• Astria bar • International live music at bar • Weekly Cypriot folklore show • Live dinner music most evenings • Lobby lounge with library • Multimedia room
• 2 kids' pools - both covered, 1 with slide • Angels' kids' club in Summer and Winter main school holidays. For 4-12 years. Open 10.00-13.00, 14.00-17.00 • Playground • Highchairs • Cots
• Free Wi-Fi zones • Reception • Air-conditioning/heating throughout • Multimedia room with plasma TV and internet • Boutique • Jewellery shop • Souvenir shop • ESPA Rituals shop • Money exchange • Room service • Laundry service • Opium Health Spa with gym, sauna, steam room, whirlpool bath, facials, reflexology, body wraps, hair styling and massages. For over 16s. Open 08.00-20.00 • Tennis equipment
All rooms and suites have air-conditioning or heating depending on season, LCD satellite TV with video on-demand channels, phone, free Wi-Fi from May 2014, minibar, bathroom, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds.
We also offer Family Suites with inland view, Cyprian Maisonettes, Deluxe Side Sea-view rooms and Deluxe Sea-view rooms.
Honeymooners receive a free room upgrade, subject to availability, and complimentary sparkling wine in room on arrival.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide