Paphos Amathus Beach Hotel
in Paphos, Cyprus All Resorts, Cyprus
Paphos Amathus Beach Hotel details
With a herb garden and the aroma of freshly baked bread drifting from the kitchens, this hotel scores well with foodies.
While some hotels go for period charm or stark minimalism, this place has chosen a more middle-of-the-road route of contemporary chic.
Its restaurants are a good example. Each one is stylishly modern but still tuned to its cuisine. Take La Terrazza. This alfresco Italian number is all wooden trellises and rattan chairs under palms – you could easily be on the Amalfi Coast dining here. Then there’s the Asiachi. Specialising in sushi and other Far Eastern delicacies, its sleek black chairs and starlit ceiling give it a modish Japanese swagger. Third up is La Rotisserie, where à la carte dishes are laid out on crisp white linen amid opulent jewelled curtains. Whichever you choose, they’ve all got one thing in common – the food is first class. The hotel makes a point of baking its own bread, cakes and pastries, and using only the freshest herbs, hand-picked from its own garden.
The rooms are elegant, too. Decorated in understated fashion, they mix warm neutrals with light wood furnishings, low-backed salon chairs and pastel prints of local scenes. Balconies or verandas, together with minibars and tea and coffee kits, add the final touches.
The pool area has been treated to the same tasteful design. Complete with a swim-up bar, the lagoon pool loops around spacious terraces freckled with palms and lawns. For a switch of scenery, just walk past the pool to the beach.
Another great thing about this place is its family-friendly vibe. There's plenty to keep the kids happy, from splash pools and playgrounds to in-room video games. And if you opt for a family room or junior suite, there's enough room for a family of four.
As for the location the hotel is a couple of kilometres from Paphos harbour. Just stroll along the promenade and you’re there in around 15 minutes. Paphos centre is a further two kilometres, but cabs and buses are easy to come by.
Location• 50m to the beach • Chemist, ATM, bank, supermarket and shops all opposite the hotel • 2km to Paphos Harbour • 4km to central Paphos • 15km to Paphos airport
25 minutes to 1 hour
• Swimming pool with islands, palm trees and views of the sea and gardens • Swim-up bar • Poolside snack bar Apr-Oct • Sun terraces • Sunbeds • Towels • Large sunlit indoor pool, heated in winter, located near the spa • Landscaped gardens with access to beach
• Byzantium coffee shop for buffet breakfast, lunch and snacks • Luna Rosa restaurant offering both buffet and à la carte international and local dishes, plus occasional show cooking - non-smoking, air-conditioned with modern luxury décor. Open 19.30-22.00 • Asiachi Far East fine-dining restaurant and Sushi bar • La Terrazza Italian open-air buffet restaurant with show cooking. It's a rustic setting with non-smoking area and outdoor seating overlooking the gardens. Open mid-May to Oct only from 20.00 • La Rotisserie à la carte restaurant • Reservations required for all restaurants • 24-hour room service • Flexible dining: 7 nights Half Board available on 14 night holidays and 3 nights Half Board available on 7 night holidays. Meals can be taken on any day. Please contact our pre-travel team to add a flexible dining package to your booking.
• Gym - air-conditioned with cardio machines and weights. Open from 08.00 for over 16s • Aqua aerobics Mon-Fri • Keep-fit classes • Billiards • Table tennis • 3 floodlit synthetic turf tennis courts bookable at the spa with equipment available free of charge • Bike hire available from reception with helmets and locks included • Pedalos, canoes and waterskiing by the beach - some age restrictions may apply
• Full programme of events • Folklore shows, in summer • Weekly cocktail party • Live music most evenings in restaurant and bar, except 7 Jan-7 Feb • 2 lounges • Fontana Lounge • Nubar cocktail bar with terrace
• Children's pool • Kids' club with games and activities for 4-12, 6 days a week from 10.00-17.30 in main school holidays • Cots, highchairs, baby baths and bottle warmers available on request
• Wi-Fi in public areas and rooms • 2 computers for internet access • Spa & Wellness centre for over 12s. Air-conditioned, with appointments required, it offers a range of massages, facials, body wraps, anti-stress and relaxation treatments, couples and pregnancy treatments, plus manicures, pedicures and epilation. There's also a hammam and beauty salon. Open from 08.00 • Sauna for over 16s, by the indoor pool. Open from 09.00 • Hairdresser • Money exchange at reception • Laundry service • Air-conditioned gift shop with local souvenirs, clothes and more • Luggage store at reception
All rooms have air-conditioning in high season only and central heating, satellite pay-per-view TV with games, Wi-Fi, phone, minibar filled with snacks and drinks, hairdryer and bathrobes. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds.
We also offer rooms to sleep 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
Receive a free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board if you book before 30th April 2014, for travel dates between 1st May and 31st October 2014.
Honeymoons get fruit and wine on arrival, a candlelit dinner and a room upgrade, subject to availability.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide