H10 Taburiente Playa details
Pulled right up against the coast, this peaceful hotel lays a beach and walking trails right at your feet.
Much like the little town it sits in, this hotel is quite quiet – ideal if you want to get away from it all. The serene vibe starts the minute you walk in the lobby. It’s like an indoor mini-oasis, with tropical plants and creepers trailing over rocks and a cascading waterfall. The rooms, meanwhile, are simple and uncluttered, and you’ll find everything you need, from satellite TV to a private balcony.
Outside, everything’s laid out for taking it easy. The sun terrace offers up uninterrupted views of the Atlantic Ocean and two pools – one of which is heated in winter.
In terms of activities, you’re entitled to a free session out on the tennis courts. But most guests tend to pull on their hiking boots and head for the hills – there are plenty of well-signposted routes to explore the volcanic landscape. There’s also a pathway to take you down to the nearby beach. And if you don’t mind the trek, Santa Cruz is about an hour’s walk. Otherwise, you can hop on a bus from just outside the hotel for a couple of euros.
As for food, buffet breakfasts and dinners are the order of the day. Guests really rate the show cooking – chefs come out into the restaurant and flip fresh fish and steaks in the evenings. After dinner, you’ve got plenty of places to relax – take your pick from the lounge, piano, saloon, and lobby bars. Plus, five nights a week a live band will serenade you.
Location• 300m to the beach • 300m to the resort centre, cafés, bars and restaurants • 5km to Santa Cruz de la Palma
• 2 swimming pools, 1 heated in winter • Pool snack bar • Sunbeds • Well-tended gardens
• Dining room • Buffet meals with show cooking • Christmas Eve buffet and New Year's Eve gala dinner
• Minibar • Sauna • Massage • Pool table
• Evening entertainment 3 nights a week in lounge bar • Live band 5 times a week • Lounge bar • Piano bar • Saloon bar with live music • Lobby bar
• 24hr reception • Money exchange • Wi-Fi in public areas • Room service • Internet corner • Vending and slot machines
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, minibar on request and hairdryer. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds, 3rd is a sofa bed. Rooms are available with either sea view or mountain view.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide