Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden details
A member of Leading Hotels of the World club since April 1998, this chic retreat nestles in lush gardens.
This is more than just a 5 star hotel. It’s a 5 star spa hotel that’s been admitted to that select circle of luxury retreats, the Leading Hotels of the World. Plus, it’s been voted one of the top ten spa hotels in Europe by readers of Condé Nast Traveller. Its credentials are certainly impressive.
Location wise, the hotel is tucked in a residential corner of Puerto de la Cruz. It’s about a ten-minute walk into the town centre and to the beach. What’s more, it’s cocooned in six acres of landscaped gardens, where lakes, waterfalls and glossy palms share space with black swans and Koi carp, and even has it's own Chef's Herb Garden. Plus, the Botanico is adjacent to Tenerife’s famous Botanical Gardens, whose collection includes orchids, birds of paradise flowers and a giant banyan tree.
Grounds aside, the hotel is rather special inside, too. We’re talking lounge areas that look like something out of an English stately home. Bedrooms in warm shades of gold and terracotta that channel French salon styling with Louis XIV-look chairs. And à la carte restaurants that range from an Italian trattoria to an Oriental eatery opened by the Queen of Thailand.
Adding another grace note of luxury is the state-of-the-art Oriental Spa Garden. It comes with all the usual trimmings such as thermal pools, saunas and steam rooms, as well as novelties like a lavender-scented aromatherapy room and a cave-dwelling Jacuzzi-style tub. Plus they’ve added some indulgent extras in the form of chocolate treatments and volcanic body wraps.
Location• 1.5km to central Puerto Cruz • 35km to Santa Cruz
1 hour 30 minutes
• 2 heated swimming pools, 1 in the Oriental Garden Spa • Pool bar • Landscaped gardens
• 3 speciality restaurants - La Parrilla for regional/Spanish, Il Pappagallo for Italian/Mediterranean and The Oriental • Palmera Real outdoor restaurant open afternoons for tapas, salads, fresh grilled meat and fish • Half Board guests can dine in the buffet restaurant or any of the 3 speciality restaurants with 3 course menu - à la carte served at table • À la carte lunch menu in Pool Bar • Hotel may close 1 of the 3 restaurants May-July • Breakfast room with hot buffet, show cooking and fresh juice bar • Flexible dining option • Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included for Half Board guests. New Year's Eve gala dinner included for Bed & Breakfast guests - direct payment to the hotel may be made for Christmas Eve gala dinner, if required.
• 2 artificial grass floodlit tennis courts • 18-hole putting green and driving range • Gym • Table tennis • Pool table • The Oriental Spa Garden offering: • Interior thermal pool • Whirlpool with underwater music • Exterior pool with hydromassage, exterior pool with bubble beds • 2 Whirlpools, 1 in volcanic cave with amethysts • Cardiovascular fitness room • Japanese sauna • Aromatherapy room • Turkish steam bath • Ice temple • Experience showers • Low temperature sauna • Relaxation areas with water beds and gardens • For a small charge guests have 20 rooms available for individual treatments such as oriental massage, wraps with volcanic earth and tropical fruits of the island, hydromassages, a duet room for couples providing synchronised treatments and treatments with personalised anti-stress, anti-cellulite and anti-tobacco programmes • Facials • Hairdresser • Make-up • Manicures • Waxing • Special area of the Spa for Honeymoon and Anniversary couples • Daily activities including aqua fitness, thai-chi and stretching
• Live music every night • Elegant main bar • Spacious lounge • Daily news sheet with details of the day's programme and tropical news • Reading room with hotel library
• Children's pool • Hotel-run Botanico Adventure Academy, 7 days a week, 1 Jul-31 Aug & Easter • Children's menu • Cots
• 24hr room service • Air-conditioned throughout • Courtesy bus to centre of town excluding Sat afternoon‚ Sun and public holidays • Wi-Fi
All rooms have individually-controlled air-conditioning, flatscreen satellite TV, minibar, hairdryer, bathrobes and balcony. Rooms have 2 beds or 1 double bed. Single rooms available.
We also offer Junior Suites and Family rooms.
Junior Suites have a double bed, sitting room area and marble bathrooms and sleep up to 3 adults. Family rooms have twin beds and are made up of 2 rooms with connecting doors. The occupancy required to book Family rooms is 2 adults and 2 children or 2 adults and 1 child.
5 Star Grand Deluxe
Honeymoons get complimentary sparkling wine. Birthday celebrations get cake in their room.
Botanico Adventure Academy - The Adventure Academy is a European exclusive for children.
In an exclusive collaboration with Loro Parque, the Hotel Botanico offers children the chance to have fun in an innovative and educational way. Children between the ages of 4 and 15 years staying in the Hotel Botanico will become members of the Botancio Academy, which consists of the following programme to be booked directly with the hotel, charges apply.
- Daily visits to Loro Parque. Every day has a theme and is different from the day before.
- Children learn by playing in a natural environment together with monitors, biologists and animal trainers.
- Transfer is included to and from the Hotel Botancio and lunch is provided at the park.
- Children are accompanied by professional monitors at all times.
- They will receive diplomas in an exclusive children mini disco once they have finished the games and activities in
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide