La Plantacion del Sur Hotel details
Skip-a-beat views, a great location and a first-class spa - La Plantacion is an ultra stylish getaway.
A member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, this is a high-class hotel in an enviable location. Every inch the scene-stealer, it’s set by the beach of El Duque so you can be on the sands in minutes.
But on first glance it’s the sprawling pool scene with its five pools that impresses the most. Curving around them are generous sun terraces peppered with four-poster day-beds, sunloungers and big cream parasols. Add gently swaying palms and the whole scene is idyllic.
Inside, meanwhile, you’ll find a range of bedrooms from double rooms and junior suites to villas. Whichever you go for, they’re all decorated in a neutral palette so they’ve got a light and airy feel to them. They’re all kitted out with big, comfy beds and sofas not to mention a balcony or terrace. Plus they all come with added extras. Cue flatscreen satellite TVs, hydromassage showers and indulgent pillow menus. If you opt for a villa, you’ll get a garden with an outdoor hot tub, too.
For even more in the way of pampering, head to the state-of-the-art Nammu spa. Here you’ll find three different thermal circuits to try out – the Canarian, Celtic and Thalassa. Opt for the Canarian circuit and you’ll find yourself in a volcanic cave set-up with a host of mineral treatments to choose from. Aside from the circuits, there are plenty of beauty therapies like slimming treatments and body wraps.
As for the food, La Plantacion del Sur scores extra points here, too. Head to El Buffet for buffet breakfasts, dinners and show cooking. Or check out El Gourmet Canario for delicious à la carte options. There’s a poolside restaurant for lunch here, too. And it goes without saying, whichever place you choose you’ll be dining in style.
Location• 500m to El Duque beach • 500m to resort centre • 500m to nearest bus stop • Complimentary beach shuttle service
• 5 swimming pools - 2 heated & 2 waterfall pools • Sunbeds • Towels • Pool snack bar
• 'El Buffet' restaurant serves buffet breakfast and dinner with show cooking • 'El Gourmet Canario' à la carte restaurant • 'La Jaima'' poolside restaurant • 2 bars • Half Board includes buffet breakfast and dinner in the El Buffet - à la carte restaurants at a charge • New Year's Eve gala dinners included for Half Board guests, at a charge for Bed & Breakfast guests - advanced reservation should be made at the time of booking or direct with hotel at least 14 days before & formal wear is required including a jacket and tie • Flexible Dining May-October: Half Board for 3 nights of a 7 night holiday or 7 nights of a 14 night holiday - available at a supplement • Gentlemen are required to wear long trousers and a shirt for dinner
• Spa centre Nammu with sauna, whirlpool, massage, 3 spa circuits, steam bath and treatments in 16 cabins • Gym • Aqua aerobics • Wellness programme with pilates, yoga and Tai Chi • Nordic walking • Darts • Billiards
• La Jaima pool and snack bar and Bar La Biblioteca in evenings • Games room • Entertainment programme with cultural and leisure activities
• Heated kids' pool • Hotel-run kids' club for 4-12yrs • Cots and highchairs
• 24hr room service • Internet • Hairdresser
All rooms have air-conditioning/heating, flatscreen satellite TV with music channels, phone, internet, minibar, hairdryer, hydro-massage shower and bath, bathrobes and selection of pillows. Superior rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. When rooms are fully occupied there is no cot space. Extra bed is a sofa-bed for 1 adult or 2 children. Superior limited sea-view rooms are also available. Superior sea-view rooms are available, and from November 2013, include a welcome gift, 1 dinner from a set menu in the Gourmet restaurant not including drinks, 1 thalasso circuit per person per stay in the spa, and free internet in the room.
We also offer Junior suites and Villas.
Junior Suites have 2 flatscreen TVs, tea/coffee facilities, lounge area, four-poster bed, walk-in wardrobe, large balcony with sunbed and limited sea view.
Villas have a bedroom with a king-size canopy bed, walk-in wardrobe, sitting area, private whirlpool bath and garden. Guests also have the option of hiring the exclusive butler service.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide