Iberostar Grand Hotel el Mirador details
A peaceful retreat with all the trimmings, this hotel couldn’t be in a better spot. With its prime beachfront setting, the white sands of El Duque beach are literally on the doorstep. And it sits in an exclusive area that’s as quiet as they come. It’s not completely off the beaten track, though. A walkway leads to a chic shopping arcade with upmarket shops, bars and restaurants.
The whole place is classically chic. Take the lobby, for instance. Set below ground level, it’s a cool oasis with grand pillars, cobbled floors and a domed ceiling. And it’s the same throughout the hotel. The architectural style is Moorish meets Spain. Factor in plump sofas, refined furnishings and a natural creamy-coloured décor and you’ve got one stylish set-up. What’s more the attention to detail is staggering. Platters of rose petals are everywhere, and water features are scattered around, with flowers and floating candles.
The 22,000 square metres of grounds are just as lavish. Taking centre-stage is the lake-sized swimming pool. Bordered by sun loungers, parasols and the mandatory palms, it looks straight out over the ocean. It’s also where you’ll find the suave La Tosca Bar, with elegant wicker chairs and Moroccan-style lanterns. There are plenty of shady lawn areas in the gardens too, where you can hide away with a good book.
Add to the mix three sophisticated restaurants, smart bars and boutique-style bedrooms and you’ve got the ultimate 5 star sanctuary.
Location• 10m to the beach • 10m to the nearest shops, bars and restaurants • 10m to the nearest bus stop
• Heated swimming pool • Sunbeds and parasols • Pool towels • Snack bar
• Main air-conditioned restaurant serving buffet breakfast and dinner • 2 à la carte restaurants 'La Pergola' & 'El Cenador' open for lunch and dinner
Sports and Relaxation
• Squash • Table tennis • Pool table • Golf course nearby
• Lounge • TV room • DVDs and video games • Bars including beach bar and chill-out bar with sports screen
• Money exchange • 24-hour room service • Internet access and Wi-Fi
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, radio, cable internet, minibar, hairdryer, daily towel change and linen change as required, walk-in wardrobe, walk-in shower and balcony with seaview. Standard rooms have twin beds and a 3rd sofa bed.
We also offer Suites with a separate sleeping area for a 3rd guest.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Exclusively for Adults
- Thomson's Exclusively for Adults range offers you the chance to find total tranquillity in a hotel free from the bustle of families and young people
- This carefully selected range of hotels offers you the chance to enjoy a relaxed and independent break with your partner or a group of close friends
- Thomson and the hotel owners guarantee to not knowingly sell to anyone under the age of 16
Hotels similar to the Iberostar Grand Hotel el Mirador:
in Los Abrigos, Tenerife