Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque details
Nine restaurants. Seven bars. Five swimming pools. Decisions don’t come easy at this faultless 5 star.
Arriving at this hotel is a bit like stepping into a fairytale film set. Quirky turreted buildings resemble small castles in shades of lemon, terracotta and pink. And they’re laid out village-like around pretty squares. But it’s not just its charming architecture that sets this place apart. On every level, it deserves to be part of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World chain.
Take dining as an example. You’ve got nine restaurants here - from a French brasserie with chandeliers and potted plants to a rustic Spanish venue with checked table cloths and a strumming guitarist. One night you’ll be enjoying the informality of an Italian trattoria, the next putting napkin to collar in a restaurant that’s rather like a dining room in a stately home. There’s even a contemporary restaurant that wouldn’t look out of place in uptown New York. What's more, nearly all the restaurants offer up a children's menu, ideal if you're with the little ones.
The guest accommodation, meanwhile, is in comfortable rooms and sumptuous villas. Plump armchairs, minibars and TVs come as standard in the bedrooms, while the villas really raise the bar on luxury. In these, you’ve got a private pool and garden, whirlpool bath and seriously opulent furnishings.
The pool scene is pretty special, too. Discreet sun terraces are dotted around five swimming pools that descend in tiers towards the beach. And for ‘beach’, read ‘800 metres of soft golden sand’. Plus there's a children's pool, kids' club and teens' club to keep the younger guests happy.
Location• On Playa del Duque beach • 400m to centre of Costa Adeje • 2km along coastal promenade to Puerto Colon marina
• 4 swimming pools - 2 saltwater & 2 heated • Extensive gardens
• 9 restaurnats - 'El Bernegal' buffet with show cooking, 'La Hacienda' Latin American with international dishes, 'La Tasca' Spanish, 'Brasserie' French, 'Trattoria' Italian, 'Beach club' for paella‚ grilled fish and meats, 'AsiaKan' the new Asian, 'Las Aguas' à la carte and 'Pasta&Pasta' for healthy cuisine open seasonally - restaurants may not all be open at the same time • Dishes included in Half Board are clearly marked on each menu • Café • Ice-cream parlour • 4 snack bars • New Year's Eve dinner in the Bernegal buffet is included for Half Board guests - at a charge, payable locally for Bed & Breakfast guests, both can upgrade to a full gala dinner at a supplement - formal wear with jacket and tie required • Please note: Winter 2013 only offers the gala dinner, no alternative dinner service on New Year's Eve. Half Board is not available on 31st Dec 2013 • Gentlemen are required to wear long trousers and a shirt for dinner
• Game fishing excursions and watersports bookable at Club House • Bridge and games area • Fitness centre • 2 tennis courts • 2 paddle tennis courts and a squash court • Gym • Aerobics • Billiards • Table tennis • Mountain bikes • Darts • 5 golf courses 5-10km away • Pitch and Putt • Pilates • Kinisis • Personal training • Michal Novotny, the prestigious sports physiotherapist has opened a practice within the Bahia del Duque Spa • Peaceful, outdoor Spa with thalassotherapy treatments and hot stone massage with lava rocks • Private Spa Suite • Sauna • Hairdresser • Beauty salon • Garden Café organic restaurant for lunch
• 7 bars - piano, 'Azul', 'Zumeria', beach, 'El Chiringuito', 'La Heladeria' & sports bar • Reading room
• Children’s pool • Playground • Children's club El Duqui for 3-12 yrs, including activities, afternoon shows and mini-disco each evening • Teenagers' lounge with PlayStation™, Wi-Fi and internet facilities • Children's menus • Cots and highchairs
• 24hr room service • Shopping gallery • Astronomical observatory
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite LCD TV, telephone, pillow menu, hydro-massage shower, minibar, hairdryer and are decorated with Canarian tiles‚ crafted ceramics and specially designed furniture. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds. Interconnecting rooms available. You'll need to book 2 of these room types to get 2 rooms with a connecting door.
We also offer Junior suites and Villa Las Palmeras
Junior suites sleep 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with twin beds and an extra bed in the bedroom.
Villa Las Palmeras sleep up to 2 adults and 1 child with a four-poster bed, separate lounge area with child bed and exclusively designed furnishings, bathroom with a large basalt stone bath, natural skylight, menu of aromatic bath creams and selection of Aqua di Parma products plus a terrace and sun deck outside with dining area and private heated infinity pool.
5 Star Luxury
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque:
in Los Abrigos, Tenerife