Hotel Riu Imperial Marhaba details
With a beachfront setting, an impressive dining scene and a lobby that wouldn’t look out of place in a royal home, this hotel really lives up to its name.
The first thing that’ll strike you when you walk through the gates of the Riu Imperial Marhaba is how new and fresh the place feels. It was given a big refurb for Summer 2011 - with special attention paid to the rooms and the bars - so elegance reigns throughout, and there's a new stage for entertainment too.
Step inside and you’re greeted by a grand lobby. All polished marble, galleried landings and chandeliers, it’s impressive to say the least. Move through to the bedrooms and freshly-painted pastel walls and new tiled floors strike a more contemporary vibe. You’ll find all the essentials, too, like air-conditioning, mini-fridges and satellite TVs.
When it comes to eating and drinking, the buffet restaurant serves up favourites like salads, pastas and grilled meats, as well as themed dishes several times a week. Plus, during the summer, there’s a Mediterranean trattoria, an Asian restaurant and a Tunisian eatery to choose from. The latter offers up all kinds of national specialities, such as a spicy meat stew with couscous.
Outside, a big pool weaves its way around lawns and terraces. Sunloungers and palms are dotted around the edge, and there’s a separate section for children. Head through the neighbouring gardens, meanwhile, and you’ll come to the beach – a long ribbon of white sand that gives way to the Mediterranean Sea.
Finally, there’s one more thing about this place that deserves a special mention – the staff. They go out of their way to really look after you, and reviewers on TripAdvisor are constantly singing their praises.
Location• Set in gardens leading to the beach • 2km to the nearest golf course • 3km to Port el Kantaoui
30 to 50 minutes
• Swimming pool • Indoor pool - heated in winter • Whirlpool bath • Pool bar open in summer • Sun terraces • Sunbeds, parasols and towels by the pool and on the beach
• Main buffet restaurant • Show cooking • 'El Raihan' Tunisian themed restaurant • Asian themed restaurant, summer only • Mediterranean themed restaurant, Jun-30 Sep
• Tennis • Gym • Volleyball • Darts • Whirlpool bath • Daytime activities, several times a week • Weekly winter activities: • Nordic walking • Hobby club • Gym ball workout • Dance lessons - belly, Latin & jazz
• Lobby bar • Spacious lounge • Weekly folklore show • RIU entertainment programme • Live music
• Children’s pool • Playground • Daytime entertainment for 4-12 years, 6 times a week in summer
• Free Wi-Fi zones throughout the hotel • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Thalassotherapy centre with different body treatments, 3 saltwater swimming pools, sauna‚ massage and hammam • Tennis equipment • Internet terminals in lobby • Shop • Hairdresser • Pool table
All rooms have been recently refurbished with air-conditioning/heating, flatscreen TV with limited English channels, phone, Wi-Fi, hairdryer and mini-fridge with soft drinks & water. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds. Double rooms are available.
We also offer Sea-view rooms and Single rooms.
269, including 14 suites
• Full Board meals and snacks • Unlimited locally produced alcoholic and soft drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide