in Port el Kantaoui, Tunisia All Resorts, Tunisia
Riviera Hotel details
Elegant décor, a lengthy list of activities and an impressive pool scene – the majestic Hotel Riviera fires on all cylinders.
As you sip your welcome cocktail and start to take in your new surroundings, you’ll notice that the Hotel Riviera is a seriously good-looking retreat. In fact, it’s like something straight out of the Arabian Nights. Take the lobby, for instance. It’s all mosaic-detailed marble, stone columns and chandeliers. And the rest of the hotel follows suit with intricate ceiling art, colourful fabrics and traditional rugs.
The good looks continue when it comes to the bedrooms. Cue cool tiled floors, pale walls and ruby-red furnishings. What’s more, they come with all the basics, like satellite TVs, air-conditioning and balconies.
Outside, the pool scene really impresses. Head down a wide pathway, and you’ll set eyes on a gleaming chunk of turquoise, framed by sunloungers, palms and a grassy lawn. There’s a children’s pool, too, just to the side. And if you fancy swapping pool for beach, it couldn’t be easier – it’s just a five-minute walk through the grounds.
In terms of activities, there’s everything from windsurfing and pedalos to tennis and minigolf to get involved in. For more in the way of relaxation, check out the beauty salon or treat yourself to a massage.
The dining scene here encompasses a buffet restaurant and two a la carte eateries, which you can dine in once a week as part of the All Inclusive package. Plus, there’s a bar by the pool serving up fresh salads, pizza and pancakes cooked to order throughout the day. You can help yourself to ice-cream here, as well.
On the entertainment front, think lively shows with the entertainment team, games and family-themed competitions. Add three bars and a late-night disco into the mix and evenings are taken care of.
Location• 150m from the beach • 1.5km from Port el Kantaoui • Golf course nearby
45 minutes to 1 hour
• Pool • Indoor pool • Pool bar • Beach bar • Sun terraces • Sunbeds and mattresses • Pool/beach towel service • Newly built for summer 2012 - waterslides
• Buffet restaurant • Snack bar • Welcome cocktail and weekly manager’s cocktail party • Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners
• Fitness room • Steam bath • Windsurfing‚ pedalos‚ sailing‚ kayaks and snorkelling • Aerobics • Pool games • Beach volleyball • Table tennis • 2 tennis courts • Minigolf
• Lobby bar • Lounge bar • Cocktail bar • Café Meavre • Nightly entertainment • Nightly disco
• Kids' pool • Little Village supervised club and play area, 4-12yrs at the Riviera 08:00-18:00 • Kids' disco • Cots
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Billiards • Massage • Gift shop • Boutique • Jewellery shop • Beauty salon • Money exchange • Internet facility
All rooms have air-conditioning, 01/07-31/09 or central heating, cable TV with limited channels, telephone, hairdryer. Standard rooms sleep up to 3.
Single rooms are also available.
• Full Board • Snacks • Local alcoholic drinks, cocktails and soft drinks - wine by the glass with lunch and dinner • 1 visit to each of the 2 à la carte restaurants per week • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your all inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide