Michelangelo Hotel details
“Right by one of the island’s best beaches, the brand new Michelangelo goes all out to impress.”
The newly built Michelangelo cuts a fine figure on the hillside of Agios Fokas. Comprising a main hotel building and smaller low-rise blocks, it rises up from a narrow sweep of shingle beach. And with its russet and peach paintwork and glass-fronted balconies, it looks more like a set of modern waterfront apartments than a hotel.
This place has really scored a coup on the location front. Wherever your room is, you’re never far from the shore. Agios Fokas beach, with its black and white shingle, is just a short hop down the hill. And Kos Town is just a 20-minute bus ride away. The bus stops outside the hotel, so getting there is a doddle.
It’s the pool scene that really steals the show though. There are two swimming pools set into a roomy wood-decked terrace. Taking centre-stage is a massive square-shaped number with plenty of sunbeds and a poolside bar. There’s a smaller swim-up pool with a built-in whirlpool. But if there was an award for best pool, it would go to the hotel-length infinity one overlooking the sea.
Room-wise, it’s modern and stylish all the way. Each sophisticated space is decked out in shades of silver, grey and lilac. Added extras come in the shape of flatscreen TVs and a private terrace or balcony. On the food and drink front, the same effortless chic is served up with widescreen bay views. And last but not least, a state-of-the-art spa, complete with sauna, pool and treatment rooms, makes sure the emphasis is on laid-back luxury.
Location• 100m to the beach • 8km to Kos Town • Public bus service every 15 mins, a 10 min bus ride into Kos town • Bus stop outside hotel • 2km to thermal springs
1 hour 15 minutes
• 2 swimming pools, including: • Main infinity pool overlooking the Aegean with sun terrace • Indoor pool in spa area • 2 pool bars serving snacks, including: • Swim-up bar in 1 pool with whirlpool bath
• Buffet breakfast & dinner • Themed evenings
• Indoor swimming pool • Whirlpool bath • Sauna • Beauty & massage treatments • Fitness room • Gym • 5-a-side football • Basketball • Boules • Bicycle hire • Volleyball • Table tennis • Darts
• Large bar with indoor lounge & outdoor terrace • Entertainment programme • TV room • Library
• Children's pool • Children's play area • Children's menu • Cots and highchairs
• 24-hour reception • Money exchange • Room service • Games room • Internet corner • Minimarket • Jewellery shop & boutique • Hairdresser on request • Laundry service
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, minibar on request, hairdryer and balcony. Standard rooms have 1 double and 1 single sofa bed, suitable for a child only.
We also offer Sea-view rooms and Junior Suites.
Junior Suites have 1 double, 1 single and 1 double sofa bed and accommodate up to 3 adults and 2 children.
2 in main building
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Michelangelo Hotel:
in PortAventura BCN