Riu Caribe details
This place has got all the traits of a luxury bolthole – a beachfront location, a fabulous dining scene and great entertainment.
The Riu Caribe pulls out all the stops when it comes to location. It’s set in the heart of Cancun’s main strip, which means you’re just footsteps away from the nearest shops, restaurants and bars. Best of all, it looks out over the beach so you can be on the sand in seconds.
The pool scene is just as noteworthy. Three huge pools wind their way around the grounds, and come complete with little bridges and a palm-clad island in the middle. They’re framed by a terrace that’s dotted with loungers and hammocks, so you’ll have no problem finding a spot to relax. There’s a swim-up bar in the water, and another close by, so refreshments are taken care of, too.
If you want to up the pace a little, there’s a lot laid on activity-wise. As well as favourites like tennis, volleyball and aerobics, you’ve got the likes of windsurfing, scuba diving and body boarding to try your hand at. Little ones, meanwhile, have got their own activities programme, as well as the RiuLand Kids’ Club, where they can join in with games, competitions and arts and crafts.
On the dining front, you’ll find a buffet set-up in the main restaurant, which offers up full American breakfasts alongside sweet pastries and fruit juices. For lunch and dinner, expect plenty in the way of international fare with pizza, pasta and salads among the line-up. Elsewhere, you’ve got an Asian buffet restaurant and two à la cartes to try – a grill and steakhouse joint and a lively Mexican eatery.
The hotel has recently had a makeover, so the rooms are really modern and stylish. They're ultra-minimal spaces with energising blocks of colour, and finishing touches include satellite TVs, minibars and liquor dispensers.
Location• On the beach • In the heart of Cancun's bustling hotel zone • Within easy reach of many shops, restaurants, bars and discos
• 3 swimming pools • Hammocks • Beach towels • Swim-up bar • Pool bar
• Buffet restaurant • 3 theme restaurants - Asian, Mexican and Grill/Steakhouse - pool restaurant during the day
• Windsurfing • Catamaran • Kayaking • Body boarding • Snorkelling equipment • 2 tennis courts • Beach volleyball • Aerobics • Introductory scuba diving lesson • Gym • Sauna • Table tennis
• Evening entertainment programme • Daytime activities programme • Live shows • Live music • Theme nights • Lobby bar • Sports bar - 24-hour All Inclusive Bar
• Section of main pool • Daytime activities programme • RiuLand kids' club for ages 4-7 and 8-12 years
• Lobby Wi-Fi use for 90 mins per day • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • PADI scuba diving • Gift shop • Wi-Fi • Internet • Whirlpool bath • Spa • Beauty salon
All rooms are Deluxe ocean-view rooms and feature modern, minimalist décor with bright, bold accents and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12yrs with a king-size or 2 double beds, plus air-conditioning, walk-in shower, minibar, liquor dispenser, phone, hairdryer, flatscreen satellite TV, radio alarm clock and balcony or terrace with full or partial sea view. Deluxe ocean-view rooms for sole occupancy are also available.
Honeymooners receive a bottle of tequila and a fruit basket. Please contact us when you've booked your holiday to qualify.
Sleeps up to
24-hour All Inclusive
• All meals in all restaurants • 24-hour snacks • All locally produced and selected international soft and alcoholic drinks • In-room minibar • 24-hour All Inclusive bar with self-service drinks and snacks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide