Riu Palace Las Americas details
Set on ice-white sands, this palatial hotel has got it all – looks, luxury and location.
Standing right on the water’s edge, this gleaming white hotel features twin turrets – each with a Grecian-style cupola and statue atop. And from the moment you step into the lobby you’ll notice plenty in the way of glamour. We’re talking tall, elegant pillars, crystal chandeliers and richly painted ceilings.
Outside two broad swimming pools are designed so that from certain angles they seem to be floating on the sea. Graceful statues, whirlpool baths and partially submerged sunbeds add to the air of sophisticated luxury.
Just steps away is a stretch of gently shelving white sands. You won’t get bowled over by any breakers here – the beach is protected from waves by a coral reef alive with shoals of tropical fish. It’s a great spot for snorkelling.
Accommodation is in elegant, spacious suites. Their dark-wood furnishings are offset by soft neutral walls and regal red and gold covers and drapes.
And when it comes to dining, the hotel pulls out all the stops. Five a la carte restaurants – including Japanese, Italian and Mexican – as well as the main buffet restaurant, ensure plenty of variety.
Its setting is the Riu Palace Las Americas’ final trump card. It might seem in a peaceful world of its own, but actually fun-loving Cancun is just a few minutes away if you want to party.
Location• On the beach • 1km to hotel zone with cafés, bars and restaurants • 200m to Riu Cancun
• 2 swimming pools - 1 heated Nov-Apr • 2 poolside whirlpool baths • Sunbeds • Parasols • Sun terrace • Swim-up pool bar • Poolside bar • Beach towels • Hot tub • Waiter service for drinks
• Main buffet dining room • 5 à la carte restaurants - steakhouse, Italian, fusion, Japanese & Mexican • 24hr snacks and drinks
• Daytime entertainment, sports and activities • Gym • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Tennis at the Riu Cancun • Water polo • Intro scuba diving lesson - 1 per stay • Non-motorised watersports including snorkelling, kayaks, catamarans and windsurfing • Table tennis
• Daily entertainment programme for both adults and children • Evening entertainment • Disco at the Riu Cancun
• Children's pool • RiuLand kids' club for ages 4-12 • Cots • Highchairs
• Free Wi-Fi use throughout the hotel • Use of the facilities at the Riu Cancun and the Riu Caribe, 3km away but breakfast and dinner must be taken in your own hotel - transfers not included • Sauna • Whirlpool bath • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Motorised watersports • Beauty salon • Spa with massage • Watersports, golf and bicycle hire nearby • Hairdresser • PADI scuba diving school • Money exchange • Laundry service • Gift shop • Boutique • Internet room
All rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated, and standard rooms are Junior suites sleeping up to sleep 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 yrs with a king-size or 2 double beds and have air-conditioning, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, alarm clock, phone, liquor dispenser restocked every 2 days, coffee-maker, iron and board, hairdryer, 24hr room service, turndown service, toiletries, plus a lounge area 2 steps down from the bedroom. Junior suites for sole occupancy are also available.
Available until the end of April 2014, we also offer Suites.
Available until the end of April 2014, Suites sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children in a large, grand room with facilities as Junior suites plus an additional satellite TV, dressing room, separate living room and a balcony or terrace with a sea view.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board and snacks - restrictions apply • Selected alcoholic and soft drinks - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges – please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide