Amathus Beach Hotel
in Limassol, Cyprus All Resorts, Cyprus
Amathus Beach Hotel details
A beachfront hotel with an exclusive edge, the Amathus Beach Hotel was made for chic retreats.
This recently renovated hotel has a contemporary swagger that hits you the moment you step into the lobby. Black marble floors are dotted with white leather sofas, while gleaming glass panels and high ceilings create a spacious feel. And its setting is just as impressive, too. This place is surrounded by acres of manicured gardens and sits just footsteps away from Amathus Beach. You’re not far from the heart of Limassol either - hop in a car and you can be there in ten minutes.
When only hiding away will do, though, make the most of the grounds. Palm-fringed walkways lead to immaculate lawns scattered with parasols and loungers. The swimming pool is the ultimate relaxation spot, though. It’s a classic rectangular number framed by a roomy sun terrace. Come evening time, it’s a great place to watch the sunset. There’s a separate children’s pool out here, too.
Alternatively, you can get an R&R fix at the wellness centre. A Zen-like oasis, it’s got a sauna, a steam room, and a whirlpool bath. There’s also a range of treatments on offer, from the innovative to the classic. And for the activity-seekers, there’s a newly built gym, pilates studio and yoga studio, plus two floodlit tennis courts if you fancy a game.
Accommodation-wise, the rooms are stylish and comfortable. Think big beds dressed in crisp white cotton, sink-into-me sofas and dressing tables with over-sized mirrors. All the rooms come with flatscreen TVs, WiFi and Playstations, while marble bathrooms add a luxurious touch. And if you want to go one further on the VIP front, you can always book a suite that edges the pool.
On the food front, the 5-star theme continues. There are enough restaurants here to eat at a different one each night of the week. From just-caught seafood to Oriental cuisine and huge buffets with a Mediterranean flavour, there’s plenty of choice. Plus kids menus come as standard. And where you dine is up to you. Eat al fresco on the shore, order cocktails on the terrace, or dress for dinner and take your seats in The Cyan, overlooking the marina.
Location• On beach • 8.5km to ceantral Limassol
45 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes
• 2 pools, 1 adults only • Indoor pool • Sun terraces • Pool/beach bar
• Kalypso garden restaurant for buffet breakfast, lunch & all-day snacks • 2 à la carte restaurants: The Cyan - international cuisine, dinner only & Asiachi - Oriental cuisine • La Terrazza - outdoor themed buffet restaurant • Limanaki fish tavern - dinner only • Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
• Amathus fitness centre with gym, sauna, steam bath and whirlpool bath • Beauty, health & anti-stress treatment packages • Member of "The Leading Spas of the World" • Daily aerobics classes • 2 floodlit tennis courts • Chess • Table tennis • Pool table
• Daily entertainment and activities • 3 indoor and outdoor bars, not all open at same time • Manager's cocktail reception
• Children's pool • Hotel-run kids' club during school holidays, 4-12yrs • Teens' club, 12-16yrs • Activity and craft room • Playground • Video games room • Children's menu
• Shops • Hairdresser • Laundry service • 24-hour room service
All rooms have air-conditioning/heating, satellite TV with Playstation™ & pay-per-view available video on demand, internet access, phone, minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and bathrobes & slippers. Standard rooms have 2, 3 or 4 beds. Rooms that accommodate 2 adults and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 yrs available. Rooms for 4 take 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 yrs.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide