Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real details
Awards keep rolling in at this exquisite 5 star hotel, and it’s easy to see why.
The number of awards this deluxe hotel has won in the last five years is in double figures. For two years in a row it clinched Condé Nast’s ‘Most Excellent European Spa Hotel’ title. In 2012, it secured first place in their ‘Most Excellent European Hotel’ category, and "Most Excellent European Waterside Hotel. It also received TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2010, 2011 and 2012
Looks-wise it’s a mix of Arabesque and Mudejar influences with grand archways and domed ceilings. All warm tones and stylish furnishings, it’s got luxurious written all over it. In the lobby, oversized sofas and floor-to-ceiling windows look out over the sea. And the bedrooms are just as lovely with big bathrooms and pillow menus. Plus they’ve got gadgets like interactive satellite TV.
It’s bagged an impressive location, too. Right on the edge of Corralejo Natural Park, with a seafront location, looking out over the ocean towards the islands of Lobos and Lanzarote. The grounds are an oasis of tropical plants and palm trees. Hidden at the heart of them are the two lagoon-style pools bordered by terraces and dotted with sun loungers and parasols. If you want a break from the pools, meanwhile, you can use the beach club on the pier in front of the hotel. There are Balinese beds here and sunbathing pontoons with direct access to the sea.
Dining here is all about choice as well as quality. Five eateries vie for your attention. You can sample Canarian cuisine at the beachside restaurant, feel like aristocracy at the Spanish Restaurant or eat in the Zen-like Japanese. La Cupula deserves special mention. Elegant and exclusive, this restaurant is headed up by 1-star Michelin chef, Carles Gaig.
Add to the mix a world-class spa with 17 treatment rooms, and outstanding facilities like a Wii centre – and you just know the Bahia Real’s going to keep adding to that list of awards.
Location• 100m to nearest beach and natural park and 1000m to the Sand Dunes and Grandes Playas beaches • 700m to supermarket, bank and shopping centre • 150m to bus stop • 1.5km to resort centre • 2km to harbour • Taxi rank in front of hotel
• 2 pools, heated at the manager discretion in winter • Adults-only open-air whirlpool bath • Sun terrace • Garden • Sunbeds • Parasols • Towel service
• Main restaurant La Alacena Real • Pool restaurant Beach Club Las Palmeras • À la carte restaurants - Yamatori Japanese, La Cupula gourmet and Las Columnas Spanish gourmet cuisine - opening times vary • Buffet and waiter service • Christmas and New Year buffet meals for Half Board guests - at a supplement for Bed and Breakfast guests.
• Bahia Vital Spa with an active pool, sauna, Jacuzzi®, treatment rooms for massage, hairdresser and beauty treatments - all at a charge and for guests over 16 yrs • Gym and fitness centre with classes - for guests over 16yrs • Yoga • Pilates • Aerobics • Activities subject to change
• Lobby bar El Mirador with live piano music • Entertainment lounge for special events
• Children's pool, heated at manager's discretion in winter • Hotel-run kids' club for 4-12 yrs; Mon-Sat 10.00-18.00 with 30-min lunch break - opening times and days may vary • Wii zone for kids over 7yrs • Playground • Children's menu on request • Highchairs
• Luggage service • Money exchange • Laundry service • 24hr room service • Boutique • Hairdresser
All rooms have centrally controlled air-conditioning/heating in winter, satellite TV, phone, radio/CD-MP3 player, free Wi-Fi, minibar, hairdryer, pillow menu, bathrobe, slippers and a balcony or terrace. Standard deluxe rooms sleep 2 adults with space for a cot. Upgrade to a limited sea view, or full sea view.
We also offer Standard deluxe sea-view for single occupancy, Family rooms and Junior suites.
Family rooms sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 children plus space for a cot, with extra beds in the lounge. These are on the ground or first floor with a pool view.
Junior suites, located on the ground floor and sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 children with twin beds, lounge area with sofa-bed, a terrace with a garden view. Upgrades to a sea view available.
5 Star Gran Luxe
Honeymooners receive sparkling wine on arrival, a breakfast in their room that includes sparkling wine & smoked salmon, a double king-size bed and room upgrade - subject to availability, bathrobe and slippers, one Rasulbath per couple and late check-out - subject to availability. Honeymooners on Half Board will receive one candlelit dinner in the Spanish restaurant or one candlelit dinner in their room.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide