Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas details
This sheikh’s retreat delivers 5T luxury among the sand dunes.
With its gleaming white curved buildings rising up over the sand dunes of Maspalomas, this place looks more like a sheikh’s palace than a hotel.
Wide terraces, elegant gardens and spacious pools overlook a view straight out of Lawrence of Arabia. This is no bucket-and-spade sand, these are serious Saharan-style dunes. They separate the hotel from the sea, but you can walk across – markers show a route that avoids the highest dunes.
Inside, the Riu Palace Maspalomas is rather special. Shades of colonial-style opulence seep from every corner. And up in the classically-styled bedrooms, flatscreen TVs and generous balconies are just some of indulgent extras to enjoy.
Outside two big curved pools are bordered by yawning terraces, dotted with parasols and comfortable loungers. Whirlpools, waterbeds and a waterfall bring an extra touch of glamour. And attentive waiter service helps to keep the mood chilled.
You can raise the relaxation bar even higher with all kinds of muscle-melting treatments at the wellness centre, and round it off with a trip to the beauty salon.
Despite the away-from-it-all air at this hotel, the lively resort of Playa del Inglés is only two kilometres away. And if you prefer something a little more low-key, sophisticated Meloneras – a little further along the coast – should fit the bill nicely.
Location• 500m from the nearest shops • 500m from the nearest bus stop • 800m from the beach • 2km from the resort centre • 3km from the nearest golf course
• 2 swimming pools, 1 with whirlpool and waterbeds • Pools are heated in winter • Pool towels, sunbeds and parasols • Whirlpool bath in the garden • Pool snack bar
• Non-smoking restaurant • Buffet breakfast served with sparkling wine • Buffet dinner • Themed buffet twice weekly • Krystal Fusion restaurant • Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
• 2 artificial turf floodlit tennis courts • Billiards • Massage • Table tennis • Gym • Sauna • Whirlpool bath
• Live music and shows several times a week • Bars and lounges
• Playground • Children's pool, heated in winter
• Free Wi-Fi in lobby • Hairdressing and beauty salon • Shops • Wellness centre • Internet connection
All rooms have air-conditioning and a ceiling fan, flatscreen satellite TV with limited English channels, phone, minibar, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds - 3rd bed is foldaway bed. When the room's fully occupied there's no space for a cot. Single rooms and Sea-view rooms available.
Free sparkling wine and fruit on arrival
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide