Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort & Spa details
This place has five pools and seven restaurants, plus it’s right next to a great stretch of sand.
There’s a real castaway vibe here – thatch-roofed buildings peek out from in between palm trees. Plus, the complex opens out onto a white, sandy beach.
But what really sets this place apart is the pool scene – there are five in total. They’re all flanked by bars and spacious sun terraces, and some lead down to the sand.
Inside, meanwhile, bedrooms have a classic flavour. They pair oak and wrought-iron furniture with simple whitewashed walls and tiled floors. Each one comes with a furnished balcony, too. And in-room extras take the shape of cable TVs and air-conditioning.
On the dining front you’ve got the option of five à la carte restaurants, with menus from Mexico, Italy, Spain and Japan. The latter comes complete with teppanyaki tables. The buffet restaurant does a good range of international favourites. There’s also a creperie that does a great range of pancakes and milkshakes.
Location• Beachfront location • 400m to marina where bars, restaurants and a supermarket can be found • 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen for even more shops, bars and restaurants
1 hour 30 minutes
• 5 pools in the hotel and neighbouring Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel • 4 whirlpool baths • Pool and beach sunbeds and towels • Deckchairs • Parasols • Well-tended gardens
• 2 buffet restaurants • Bamboleo snack bar & evening à la carte grill/steakhouse • Alebrijes Mexican à la carte restaurant • Bella Vista Italian à la carte restaurant • Tepanyaki Japanese restaurant • Terrace Tapas for those in Privilege rooms • Air-conditioning in some restaurants • Creperie • Bar
• Full daytime programme • Tennis court • Gym • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Water polo • Beach & pool volleyball • Table tennis • Shuffleboard • Basketball • Bicycles • Non-motorised watersports with sailboats, kayaks and snorkelling • Intro pool scuba diving lesson • Pool tables • Board games • Bingo
• Nightly entertainment includes theatre, shows, dancing and live music • Theme nights • Sports bar • El Mercado international buffet restaurant and La Pinata disco available at sister hotel • Pure Chill Out Bar
• Hotel-run kids' club for 4-12yrs • Mini-disco • Kids' section in 2 of the pools
• Free Wi-Fi • Facility use at neighbouring Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel includes pools, restaurants, disco, kids' club and watersports • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Spa Alegria • PADI approved scuba diving school • Laundry service
All rooms have air-conditioning, cable plasma TV, Wi-Fi, phone, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Double rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with a king-size or 2 double beds, extra beds and garden view. Double rooms for sole occupancy are available.
We also offer Superior rooms, Sea-view superior rooms, Suites and Honeymoon suites.
Superior rooms are newly renovated with modern, contemporary décor and added facilities like an alarm clock, bathrobes, slippers, ceiling fan, coffee maker, iron and board, minibar and plasma TV. You'll also gain Privilege benefits including access to private lounge bar and Terrace Tapas, concierge service, private check-in, welcome cocktail, beach towels, pillow menu and selected discounted facilities. Sea-view superior rooms are also available.
Suites, sleeping 2 adults with a king-size bed, are spacious rooms comprising of a dressing room, bedroom and living area with Privilege benefits and facilities as Superior rooms, plus a bathtub on the terrace.
Honeymoon rooms sleep 2 adults and are elgantly decorated with light colours, cushions and canopies and come with Privilege benefits, plus honeymoon room amenities.
• Full Board and snacks, until 02.00 - restrictions apply • Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, until 02.00 - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort & Spa:
in Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya
in Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya