Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa details
"For a taste of pure holiday paradise, look no further than the All Inclusive Sandos Caracol Eco Resort & Spa."
You’ve got the latest bestseller in one hand. A fruity cocktail in the other. And then there’s you, stretched out on a sunbed, bathed in hot, hot sunshine? If this sounds like your idea of holiday paradise, you’ll love it at the Sandos Caracol. Everything here is geared to taking it easy. And the exotic setting certainly helps. Surrounded by mangroves and lagoons, the hotel’s nestled at the edge of a lush tropical jungle. We’re talking real Garden of Eden stuff. And as if that wasn’t enough, you’re right by the beach, too. Think turquoise seas, flour-white sands, swaying palms – the works. Wade out through the clear blue water to the manmade reef. Snorkelling equipment is free here, so strap on some fins and get up close and personal with the shimmering shoals of tropical fish. Away from the water, there’s a massage tent set up on the beach. If that sounds like your cup of tea, make a beeline for the spa. Here, all the facilities are free – steam room, Turkish bath, whirlpool, the lot. As to the complex itself, it’s set up like a small village. Pathways weave around coconut thatched blocks and there are four pools to choose from – so you won’t find yourself fighting for a sunbed. What’s more, there’s even a swim-up bar where you can order a drink without having to get out of the water. Sometimes doing nothing can be hungry work. At any hour of the day, you can always pick up something tasty at one of the All Inclusive buffets or snack bars. You can even reserve a table at one of the à la carte restaurants if you fancy. This is most definitely the life.
Location• On the beach front • 5km from Playa del Carmen downtown• 50km from Cancun
• 4 swimming pools - including 1 pool exclusive to Select Club guests • Swim-up bar • Sunbeds and pool/beach towels • Umbrellas
• 7 restaurants • International buffet-style restaurants and 2 speciality buffet-style restaurants, Mexican and Italian, plus 4 à la carte with Oriental, Mediterranean, Brazilian and Steak House menus • Theme evenings • 2 snack bars - 1 exclusively for Select Club guests • Beach bar
• Gym • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Relaxation pool • Steam room • Sauna • Whirlpool bath • Introductory scuba diving lesson in pool • Sailing • Snorkelling equipment • Boogie boards • Kayaks • Water polo • 2 floodlit tennis courts • Football • Volleyball • Basketball • Pool table • Table tennis
• Evening entertainment programme • Daily activities programme • 10 bars including lobby bar, swim-up bar, beach bar, Cafeteria Terrace bar, Sports bar and Cocktail bar • Disco • Cooking lessons • Foreign language lessons • Amphitheatre • Eco Activities such as the Natural Zoo, Eco Tour and Snorkel in cenote
• Games room • Playground • Hotel-run kids' club • Teens' club • Eco activities for kids - fun and informative activities where they learn about local wildlife and how to take care of the environment
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Spa treatments • Beauty salon treatments • Massage • Hairdressers • Scuba diving and PADI instruction • Fishing • Motorised watersports • Internet access • Laundry service • Mini-market • Gift shop • Handicraft shop • Photo shop • Internet facilities
Double rooms have 1 king-size bed or 2 double beds, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, cable TV, telephone, clock radio, minibar restocked every other day with water, soft drinks and beer, hairdryer and balcony. Deluxe rooms with 1 king-size bed and a double sofa bed have facilities as above plus a Jacuzzi™ and Junior Suites with facilities as above plus a sofa bed, living area and outdoor whirlpool bath on terrace and are all available at a supplement.
Complimentary canoe ride along the Mangroves, complimentary Eco tour designed to show guests the eco areas and conservation projects around the hotel and complimentary use of the gym, sauna and steam room.
• 24-hour All Inclusive • Buffet-style meals with show cooking • Themed buffet evenings • A la carte dining - number of visits subject to availability • Snacks • Unlimited national and selected international soft drinks and alcoholic beverages including beer, house wine, spirits and cocktails • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Select Club available at a supplement.
Benefits include: • Dedicated check-in/out desk • 24-hr room service • Access to the Select Club - including dedicated snack bar, restaurant; swimming pool, solarium, kids' pool and kids' club, fruit basket and wine on arrival, nightly turn down service and priority reservations in à la carte restaurants • Access to the Oceanfront Clubhouse with internet, Wi-Fi, premium international drinks/cocktails, concierge service, a variety of hors d'oeuvres, snack bar, library and private beach section with waiter service.
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide