Riu Palace Riviera Maya details
Palatial inside and out, this hotel certainly lives up to its regal name.
Reminiscent of an Indian Maharajah’s palace, this hotel is all whitewashed domes, grand pinnacles and elegant porticoes. What's more, it's framed by gently swaying palm trees and ornate courtyard pools. The piece de resistance, however, has to be the gorgeous beachfront setting.
Moving closer, the wide spreading sun terraces are worth a mention, too. Fringed by shady palms, they circle the big cruciform pool. And not only is there an adjoining whirlpool and a swim-up bar, but there are partially submerged sunbeds in the water, completing a very stylish pool scene.
Inside, the Riu Palace Riviera Maya continues to impress. Tall columns, gleaming marble floors and sparkling chandeliers create a palatial reception area. All our guests stay in plush junior suites where dark polished wood and pale décor is worked to great effect. And they come with hydro-massage bath tubs and living areas with TVs and sofas as standard. Better still, free room service is included.
Food-wise, it's 5-star service all the way. A glass of Cava at breakfast to accompany a made-to-order omelette is a good way to start the day. Come dinner time there are five speciality restaurants to choose from.
And as with all RIU hotels, the entertainment is first class, with nightly shows and live music on the programme.
Location• On beach • Near central Playa del Carmen, including 5th Avenue - 3km away
• Swimming pool • Whirlpool bath • Swim-up bar • Sunbeds by pool and on beach • Hammocks on beach • Sun terrace • Parasols and towels by pool • Pool loungers • Chilis poolside restaurant
• Main buffet restaurant • 5 à la carte restaurants including Brazilian, grill/steakhouse, Mexican and Japanese and fusion food • Themed buffets 3 times a week • 24-hour room service • 24-hour snacks and drinks • Drinks service at the pool • Guests may use bars and restaurants at Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Tequila, Riu Playacar and Riu Yucatan, breakfast and evening meals excluded
• Gym • Aerobics • Non-motorised watersports including catamaran, windsurfing, kayaking and bodyboarding • Snorkelling equipment • Scuba diving lesson in pool • Volleyball • Tennis • Table tennis
• Daytime entertainment programme • Evening entertainment including live music, shows and RIU entertainment • 4 bars including lobby bar, lounge bar and 24-hour sports bar • Entrance to La Pinata nightclub and drinks, open every night at Riu Tequila • Access to bars at all RIU hotels in Playacar
• Children's pool • Playground • RiuLand kids' club, 4-12 yrs
• Free Wi-Fi in lobby • Sauna • Whirlpool bath • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Additional Wi-Fi use • Souvenir shop • Internet access • Hairdresser • Spa with treatments, massage and beauty salon • Laundry service • Billiards • 18-hole golf course nearby • PADI approved scuba diving school • Motorised watersports
All rooms are spacious and elegantly dressed and have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, flatscreen satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, radio alarm clock, phone, minibar, liquor dispenser, coffee-maker, iron and board, hairdryer, hydro-massage bath, toiletries, lounge area, 24-hour room service, turndown service and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms are Junior suites and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 yrs with a king-size or 2 double beds. Junior suites for sole occupancy are also available.
We also offer Suites and Jacuzzi™ Suites.
Suites are larger rooms with facilities as Junior suites, plus bathrobes and a dressing room.
Jacuzzi™ Suites have facilities as Suites, with an in-room Jacuzzi™.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board meals • Snacks • 24-hour room service • Select local and imported alcoholic and soft drinks - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your all inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide