ClubHotel Riu Tequila details
Surrounded by tropical greenery, this hotel has a secluded setting and a great pool scene.
Location, food and décor – the Riu Tequila’s got a lot going for it. Setting the scene is the sumptuous reception lounge. With its graceful archways, elegant sofas and warmly-lit gold décor, there’s no mistaking that this is one smart hotel. And the comfort trip continues in the bedrooms, dressed in vibrant shades of gold.
Outside, two swimming pools are framed by tree-lined sun terraces dotted with coconut thatch umbrellas. The pièce de résistance is the enormous thatched swim-up bar. If it’s the beach you’re after, step out through the lush gardens and in five minutes you’ll be on powdery white sands. But if you want get there even faster, a shuttle service will whisk you down.
On the food front, big buffet breakfasts get the day off to a satisfying start. After that, you’re spoilt for choice. There’s a steakhouse and an Asian restaurant for evening meals, plus a beach club serving Mexican specials and more tempting buffets.
If all that’s not enough, the Riu Tequila is part of the lively Riu Resort Playacar which means you can hop across to the neighbouring Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar, too.
Location• On the Yucatan Peninsula • 3km to Playa del Carmen • 800m to beach • Complimentary beach shuttle - the sands are also accessible by walking for 5 minutes through a covered archway • 300m to Mexican Street in the Riu Yucatan • Within easy reach of 5th Avenue
• 2 swimming pools • Sun terrace • Poolside lounge chairs, towels and parasols • Swim-up bar • Poolside restaurant • Beach towels
• La Lupita restaurant - buffets by day and steakhouse in the evening • Jalisco restaurant for breakfast and dinner buffets • Beach Club restaurant with daytime buffets and evening Mexican cuisine • Bamboo Asian restaurant • Themed buffet twice a week • 3 bars • Use of bars and restaurants at nearby Riu Playacar and Riu Yucatan, excluding breakfast and evening meals
• Intro scuba diving pool lesson • Water volleyball • Water polo • Beach volleyball • Aerobics • Salsa lessons • Non-motorised watersports such as windsurfing, kayaking, body boarding, catamarans, Hobie Cats, pedalos and snorkelling equipment at the Riu Yucatan watersports centre • Table tennis
• Nightly live shows • Sports bar • Entrance to La Pinata nightclub and drinks • Maguey Lounge Bar • Terrace by the theatre • Daily entertainment programme
• Children’s pool • Daytime entertainment programme at RiuLand kids' club, 4-7 and 8-12 years • Mini-disco every night in the theatre
• Wi-Fi in lobby - 90 mins free per day • Whirlpool bath • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Additional Wi-Fi use • Spa with beauty treatments and hairdresser at Mexican Street • PADI approved scuba diving school • Gift shops • Laundry service • Internet
All rooms have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, alarm clock, phone, minibar restocked every 2 days, liquor dispenser, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries and balcony or terrace. Double rooms have 2 double beds, a shower and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years.
Honeymooners receive a bottle of rum and fruit basket on arrival.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board • Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Snacks • Minibar and liquor dispenser in room • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide