Riu Yucatan details
A great location, lots of facilities, and a pool scene that’s been designed for relaxing – this place has got all the ingredients for a tropical getaway.
Sandwiched between jungle-like greenery and a white ribbon of sand, the Riu Yucatan has got a seriously tropical setting. What’s more, Puerto del Carmen’s downtown is less than a 5-minute drive away.
Back at the hotel, 2 huge pools take centre-stage, framed by glossy palms and shrubbery. Extra touches come in the form of swim-up bars and in-water loungers, while shady spots come courtesy of the thatched parasols that dot the surrounding terrace. Rounding things off is a paddling pool for little ones.
When it comes to things to do here, activities like volleyball, windsurfing and body boarding are on offer during the day. For something a bit different, head for the spa to choose from the different body wraps and massage treatments. Evenings see things take a livelier turn – expect shows, music and dancing with the hotel’s entertainment team.
Lastly, the hotel is getting a bit of a revamp for July 2013, which means you can look forward to rooms with fresh, contemporary décor, and a brand new swimming pool.
Location• On the beach • 3km from Playa del Carmen town centre and 5th Avenue with its shops, bars and restaurants • Tropical gardens
• 2 swimming pools with swim-up bars, 3 pools from 27th April 2013 • Sunbeds with fixed parasols around the pool • Poolside restaurant • Pool and beach towels
• Main buffet restaurant • Asian buffet restaurant • 2 à la carte restaurants - Mexican & steakhouse grill • Italian restaurant from 26th July 2013 • Themed buffet nights with traditional local food, twice a week • Use of bars and restaurants at lunchtime in the Riu Tequila and Riu Playacar
• Daily organised activities • Floodlit tennis until 27th April 2013 • Intro scuba diving pool lesson • Beach volleyball • Windsurfing • Catamarans • Kayaks • Body boards • Gym • Aerobics • Whirlpool bath • Multi-sports court • Snorkelling • Table tennis
• Daytime & evening programme with beach and pool games • Live music with dancing & shows daily • Nightly 'La Piñata' disco at Riu Tequila • Lobby bar • Theatre bar, during evening shows • Bar & facility use at Riu Tequila and Riu Playacar
• Children's pool • Playground • RiuLand kids' club with a mini-disco for 4-7yrs & 8-12yrs
• 90 min lobby Wi-Fi use per day • Facilities at Riu Tequila and Riu Playacar • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Additional Wi-Fi use • Mexican Street shops • Photo shop • Laundry service • Internet • Therapists and massage on the beach • Spa with beauty treatments at the Mexican Street • Hairdresser • Beauty salon • PADI approved scuba diving school
This hotel will be closed for refurbishment from 27th April to 27th July 2013
All rooms are being refurbished for 27th July 2013 and have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, radio alarm clock, phone, minibar with liquor dispenser, iron and board on request, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries, Wi-Fi at a charge, and a balcony or patio. Double rooms have 2 double beds and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board • Unlimited local and imported alcoholic and soft drinks • Snacks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide