Riu Palace Mexico details
With its beachfront location and tropical pool scene, the Riu Palace Mexico is the perfect hub for relaxation.
The Riu Palace Mexico is set on Playacar’s white-sand beach – just walk through the hotel’s palm-speckled gardens and you’ll reach it. It’s easy to get out and about from here – you’re less than a five-minute taxi ride from the shops and restaurants in Puerto del Carmen.
You’ll find four large swimming pools on the edge of the gardens, one of which features a pretty mosaic of a hibiscus flower, and has the added bonus of a swim-up bar. The pools are flanked by sun-trap terraces, and a poolside waiter service means cocktails are delivered directly to your lounger.
In terms of dining, you’ve got six restaurants to choose from, including a Japanese, Mexican, Fusion, steakhouse and an Italian trattoria. You’ll find plenty of stylish spots for after-dinner drinks, too. The theatre, for example, is all polished dark wood and plush velvet armchairs.
Location• On Playacar's white sandy beach • Playa del Carmen resort centre with 5th Avenue's shops, bars and restaurants, 3km away
• 4 swimming pools • Swim-up pool bar • Sunbeds • Parasols • Towels • Waiter drinks service
• Buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner • La Bodega Mexican restaurant • Krystal fusion à la carte restaurant • Guacamole beach grill and steakhouse • Miyagi Japanese restaurant • La Dolce Vita Italian restaurant • 3 themed buffets a week • Capuchino patisserie and ice-cream parlour • 24hr room service • Bar & restaurant use in the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and Riu Tequila for lunch and snacks
• Gym • Aerobics • Daily activities for both adults and children • 2 floodlit tennis courts • Intro scuba diving pool trial - 1 per person, per stay • Non-motorised watersports include kayaks‚ windsurfing, catamarans, body boards and sailing • Snorkelling • Volleyball • Table tennis
• Daily programme, May-Oct & for children over Christmas • Live music and pianist several times a week • Daily live music, shows or RIU evening programme • Bar Cubano lobby bar • Los Mariachis lounge bar with terrace • Lounge 24 bar, open 24hrs • La Pinata nightclub entry with drinks, open every night at the Riu Tequila
• Children’s pool • Playground • RiuLand kids' club, May-Oct & Christmas period
• Free Wi-Fi in rooms and public areas • Sauna • Whirlpool bath • Facility use at Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar, Riu Palace Riviera Maya and Riu Tequila excluding breakfast and evening meal • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Motorised watersports including banana boats • PADI approved scuba diving school • Scuba diving • Souvenir shop • Internet access • Laundry service • Golf nearby • Spa treatments • Hairdresser
All rooms feature modern, minimalist décor with bright accents and have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, flatscreen satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, alarm clock, phone, restocked minibar with liquor dispenser, coffee-maker, iron and board, hairdryer, 24hr room service, turndown service, hydro-massage bath with separate shower and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms are Junior suites and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12yrs with a king-size or 2 double beds and a lounge area.
We also offer Suites and Jacuzzi™ suites.
Suites sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12yrs with a double bed, an extra bed, facilities as Junior suites plus bathrobes and a living room area.
Jacuzzi™ suites sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12yrs with a double bed, an extra bed, facilities as Suites plus a Jacuzzi™.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board meals • Snacks • 24-hour room service • Select local and imported alcoholic and soft drinks including minibar - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide