Riu Playacar details
Sitting on a white sandy beach, Riu Playacar walks the line between lively and laid-back.
Tropical, friendly and relaxed, the Riu Playacar has classic Caribbean good looks. Inside, the lobby is an appealing mix of Mexican and colonial design. Think Aztec-style wood carvings, paintwork in tropical brights and old-world touches like ceiling fans and chandeliers.
As for the rooms, they’re clustered into dinky blocks, scattered through the gardens. The bedrooms themselves are generously sized and come with nice-to-have extras like satellite TV, complimentary toiletries and Riu’s signature liquor dispenser.
The smart restaurants include an international buffet, an Asian-themed eatery, and an American grillhouse. And there are more than enough bars to go around. This place is part of the Riu Playacar Resort complex so you can use any of the bars in Riu Yucatan and ClubHotel Riu Tequila.
In terms of things to do, tennis courts, watersports, pool tables and a gym sort the activities list out. When you really want to unwind though, the pool area pulls out all the stops with palm trees, exotic plants and tinkling fountains.
Location• On the beach • 3km to the resort centre and 5th Avenue with its shops, bars and restaurants
• 2 swimming pools • Pool & beach sunbeds • Sun terrace with parasols and pool towels • Swim-up bar • Poolside restaurant
• 'El Porche' main international buffet restaurant with themed nights twice a week • Speciality restaurants serving Mexican, grill & Asian cuisine • 'L Cumbia' lounge bar • 'La Turquesa' poolside bar • Lunchtime bar & restaurant use at ClubHotel Riu Tequila & Riu Yucatan - dinner must be taken in your own hotel
• Gym in Mexican Street, next to the Riu Yucatan • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Tennis • Boules • Volleyball • Non-motorised watersports - windsurfing, catamarans, kayaks, body boards • Snorkelling • Scuba diving pool trial • Table tennis • Darts
• Daytime & weekly evening programme for adults and children • 3 bars • 'La Pinata' disco every night at the ClubHotel Riu Tequila
• Kids' pool • Playground • RiuLand kids' club for 4-7 & 8-12yrs
• Lobby Wi-Fi use for 90 mins per day • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi • Spa treatments • Massage • Hairdresser in Mexican Street, next to the Riu Yucatan • 18-hole golf course nearby • Motorised watersports • PADI scuba diving school • Laundry • Internet
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, alarm clock, phone, hairdryer, minibar restocked every other day, liquor dispenser and toiletries. Double room sleeps up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12yrs with 1 king-size or twin beds.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board and snacks - restrictions apply • Select alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Riu Playacar:
in Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya