ClubHotel Riu Funana
in Santa Maria, Cape Verde Islands
ClubHotel Riu Funana details
Chic, stylish and packed full of fun, the ClubHotel Riu Funana can’t fail to wow you with its first-class facilities and gorgeous, beachfront setting.
Your first impression of the ClubHotel Riu Funana is that of a majestic, Moorish sand palace. Step inside and you’ll find yourself transported to an impressive oasis of cool elegance.
A stylishly landscaped open-air square sits at the centre of the spacious lobby, encircled by Mediterranean-style tiled flooring, cushioned wicker chairs and Arabesque chandeliers. Reminiscent of a magnificent conservatory, it’s laced with boutiques and souvenir shops and spills outside onto a bar terrace.
Just around the corner, a world of tempting cuisine awaits you, from the inviting buffet restaurant to the more intimate Cape Verdian specialities restaurant, the Cabo Verde, serving both local dishes as well as international fare.
Spend lazy days at the lagoon-style pools, complete with swim-up bar so you can sit and sip fruity drinks. Just a few steps away is probably Sal’s most breathtaking strip of beach. Flanked with sunbeds, umbrellas, pagoda-style shaded areas and a decked bar area, sweeping shores slide into turquoise seas, idyllic for swimming, snorkelling and windsurfing.
With a strong emphasis on fun, there's a host of organised activities, from beach volleyball to a scuba diving trial in the pool and little ones are catered for at a smiling turtle shaped kids' club building with its own outdoor play area and pool.
If you prefer to do your own thing, why not treat yourself to an indulgent treatment or two at the Moroccan-inspired Renova Spa? Take advantage of its complimentary gym, sauna and stunning mosaic-design outdoor whirlpool bath.
Spacious, sophisticated rooms with splashes of Aztec colour and large bathrooms only add to the palatial flavour of this complex. With all this on your doorstep and use of the facilities at the ClubHotel Riu Garopa next door, you’re never short of things to do.
Location• On beachfront • 1.5km to Santa Maria
• 2 swimming pools with adjoining whirlpool, 1 heated in winter • Sun terrace with sunbeds, parasols and pool towels • Botafogo pool and swim-up bar • Sunbeds and parasols on beach • Sal Beach Bar
• Ponta Preta non-smoking main restaurant with terrace • 4 themed restaurants including Santa Maria poolside & barbecue, Cabo Verde Cape Verdian restaurant, Mandalay Asian restaurant and Mambana African restaurant-all require reservations • Use of restaurants at ClubHotel Riu Garopa
• Activities programme • Gym • Aqua aerobics • Aerobics • Beach volleyball • Multi-sports pitch for tennis, mini-football and basketball • Windsurf & kitesurf equipment for experienced surfers charged at SurfZone • Free windsurf materials for beginners provided by Scuba Caribe • Kayaking, body boards, snorkelling and windsurfing equipment • Intro scuba diving pool lesson • Air gun shooting • Shuffleboard • Table tennis • RiuArt activity programme
• Daily entertainment programme • Live shows, music or RIU entertainment in evening • Entry to Pacha nightclub • Lobby bar • Bar plaza • Lounge bar
• Children's pool • Miniclub • Daytime entertainment programme, 4-7 and 8-12 yrs, at RiuLand kids' club • Playground
• Sauna • Whirlpool bath • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi • Courses at PADI-certified professional scuba diving school • Surf Zone, professional surf school • Billiards • Hairdresser • Gift shop • Internet access • Renova Spa wellness centre offering treatments, beauty salon and massage, shared with ClubHotel Riu Garopa
It is essential that you register to validate your Cape Verde Visa at http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/legal/Cape-Verde-Visas.html. Please note it can be windy on Cape Verde and watersports are only available when weather conditions allow.
All rooms have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, open-plan bathroom with shower and enclosed WC, flatscreen satellite TV, tea and coffee facilities, phone, hairdryer and mini-fridge. Standard family rooms sleep up to 2 adults and 1 child up to 12 years. Twin rooms sleeping up to 3 adults are also available - 3rd bed is a camp bed.
We also offer Interconnecting rooms, Twin rooms, Suites and Junior suites. Larger twin rooms sleeping 3 adults are also available.
Interconnecting rooms sleep up to 2 adults and 3 children - main room sleeps 2 adults and 1 child, 2nd room sleeps 2 children. You'll need to book 2 of this room type to get 2 rooms with a connecting door.
Larger twin rooms sleep 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years with twin beds and a sofa-bed. These rooms are slightly larger than the Standard family rooms.
Suites have a separate living room with a sofa.
Junior suites sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children with a sofa-bed in an open-plan living room and a bath in an enclosed bathroom.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board with snacks • Unlimited local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Use of facilities at neighbouring ClubHotel Riu Garopa • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges – please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide