Melia Tortuga Beach Resort & Spa
in Santa Maria, Cape Verde Islands
Melia Tortuga Beach Resort & Spa details
This newly-built property offers a beachfront location, a great pool scene and a long list of activities.
The Melia Tortuga Beach Resort & Spa hugs the sands of Ponta Preta Beach. What’s more, it’s just a ten-minute taxi drive from the centre of Santa Maria.
As far as facilities are concerned, the hotel is home to two spacious swimming pools, which are surrounded by sunloungers and parasols. There are also a couple of separate children’s pools for little ones to splash about in.
You can get involved with a long list of activities when you stay here, too. The hotel puts on everything from yoga and aerobics to introductory kite surfing courses.
The hotel counts wining and dining as one of the things it does best. The main buffet restaurant - Spices - serves food throughout the day, while the O Grille Beach Club offers late-riser breakfasts and afternoon coffee with cakes.
Location• On Algodoeiro Beach • 4km to Santa Maria • 18km to the airport
• 2 swimming pools • Sunbeds • Parasols • Towels with deposit • Swim-up pool bar • Beach bar
• Spices main buffet restaurant • O'Grille beach club bar and restaurant with al fresco dining • Show cooking • Aqua Italian gourmet à la carte restaurant - reservation required • Waterside restaurant serves buffet lunch, snacks and pizza during the day, and an à la carte menu for dinner
• Daytime activities • Gym • Yoga • Aerobics • Dance lessons • Creole lessons • Introductory scuba diving lesson in pool and kite surfing lesson on beach • Beach volleyball • Beach football • Water polo • Boogieboards • Boules on the beach • Board games
• Regular evening entertainment including live shows, discos and folklore nights twice a week • Weekly themed nights • Sway Bar in lobby • My Bar
• 2 separate children's pools • Miniclub for 4-12 years • Playroom • Mini-disco • Highchairs
• 24-hour reception • Library • Air-conditioning throughout • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi in public areas • Internet access in internet room and bedrooms • Free shuttle bus to Santa Maria 4 times a day • Optional upgrade to Premium All Inclusive on arrival • YHI spa with beauty treatments, massage, whirlpool bath, sauna and steam bath • Thalassotherapy • Watersports centre and scuba diving • Snorkelling • Windsurfing • Pool table • Premium drinks • Boutique • Hairdresser on request • ATM • Money exchange • Laundry service
All rooms have air-conditioning, flatscreen satellite TV, phone, mini fridge with bottled water on arrival, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Suites come as standard and have a double bed and a lounge and sleep 2 adults and 1 infant in a cot.
We also offer Family rooms and 2 bedroom suites.
Family rooms have a double bed, twin beds in the lounge, kitchenette, 2 bathrooms and sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children.
2 bedroom suites have a double bedroom and a twin bedroom.
1 in main building
• Full Board buffet or set menu meals • Breakfast 06.30-10.30, lunch 12.30-15.00 and dinner 18.30-22.00 • Themed buffets twice a week • Snacks and ice-cream • Afternoon tea, coffee and cakes • Local and selected international alcoholic and soft drinks 09.00-02.00 • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide.