ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
in Agadir, Marrakech, Morocco
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas details
With four swimming pools and a beach on its doorstep, the Tikida Dunas is a water baby’s paradise.
The Riu Tikida Dunas is all about the swimming pool – or, should we say, swimming pools. There are four in total, and they’re absolutely huge. The three outdoor ones come with all the added extras you can think of, like water polo nets, wooden bridges and even palm-dotted islands. And when you fancy a spot of sunbathing, you can pick between the terraces and gardens that snake their way between the pools. Inside, meanwhile, you’ll find yet another waterhole. It’s part of the hotel’s spa, which also offers up massages and a hammam.
Elsewhere, there’s plenty to keep you busy. If sports are your thing, try your hand at a game of tennis, football or basketball. The hotel also puts on more unusual activities like silk and T-shirt painting classes.
When it comes to dining, you’re spoilt for choice. The main restaurant serves up big buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Expect home-from-home favourites, on-the-spot cooking stations and local specialities. Or head to the Moroccan or grill eateries on alternating days where you can tuck into succulent lamb or the catch of the day.
The bedrooms, meanwhile, are spacious and modern. Décor-wise, yellow ceilings and blue furnishings give each one a beach-like feel. Air-conditioning and satellite TVs provide the supporting cast.
Lastly, the setting of the Tikida Dunas is worthy of a mention. Not only does the hotel sit on its own stretch of hourglass-fine sand, but it’s just footsteps from shops, restaurants and bars, too. And the bright lights of Agadir are just a ten-minute walk away.
Location• Separated from the beach by the promenade • 100m from the nearest nightclub • 500m to the nearest restaurants and bars • 1km to Agadir
• 3 swimming pools, 1 saltwater • 1 indoor saltwater pool, heated Nov-end Apr • Sun terraces leading down to beach and gardens
• Air-conditioned, non-smoking buffet restaurant • Air-conditioned Moroccan restaurant • Grill restaurant for dinner and daytime snacks • Themed evenings • Dinner is one sitting with no fixed table
• 2 tennis courts • Multi-sports court for tennis, mini-football and basketball • Beach volleyball • Gym • Table tennis • Boules • Shuffleboard • Water polo • T-shirt painting • Silk painting for adults • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics
• Saloon bar with nightly entertainment • Lobby bar • Organised competitions • Entry into the Papagayo nightclub at the Riu Tikida Beach - closed during Ramadan
• Children’s pool • RiuLand kids' club for 4-7 & 8-12 years • Nightly children’s disco at saloon bar • Playground • Cots and highchairs
• Wi-Fi in reception • 24-hour reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Billiards • Money exchange • Hairdresser • Laundry service • Oceane Wellness and Beauty Centre • Horse riding • Bicycle hire
All rooms have air-conditioning and heating, satellite TV, phone, mini-fridge and hairdryer. Standard rooms have 2, 3 or 4 beds for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12 yrs. 4th bed is only suitable for a child up to 12yrs. Sea-view rooms, Single rooms with sea view and Suites available.
Suites have a double bed, an extra bed, living area, a large balcony and a sea view
• Full Board • Snacks • Local and select imported alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide