Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa details
“Flaunting a beachfront location, a luxurious spa and a tropical pool scene, the Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa has got relaxation written all over it.”
From the moment you set foot in the Diani Reef, you’re immediately hit with the wow factor. We can safely say there aren’t too many hotels with a giant pond for a floor. But that’s what you get here. The reception has a glass floor, with all manner of brightly coloured fish swimming below. From here on in, you know this is no ordinary hotel.
Every aspect of this hotel’s been designed with five stars in mind. For instance, the Maya Health & Wellness Spa could rival any spa, hotel or otherwise. If you’re looking for pure indulgence and total relaxation, you’re in the right place. We’re talking hydrotherapy, body massage, skin care – you name it, it’s here. And if you really feel like being pampered, you can book an entire day of assorted therapies. When you’re done, sit back and relax on the outdoor decking, which is surrounded by an impressive garden and soothing water fountains.
When it comes to entertainment, there’s never a dull moment here. You’ll find no less than five bars to relax in, each with their own individual style. Dune’s Nightspot & Bar’s the hotspot for music and dancing, while the Piano Lounge and Zebra Square Bar offer cigars and liqueurs with a laid-back vibe. And of course, there’s the obligatory pool bar, which specialises in fresh and fruity cocktails.
If bars aren’t really your thing, you can always catch a movie. But this doesn’t mean going back to your room and watching TV – this place has a cinema. Here, you can watch new films or catch a classic film on the big screen. All you need to do is grab a snack and take your seat.
Put simply, this place is first class – and then some. Whether you’re pampering yourself in the spa or walking along the beautiful white sand beach, it’s truly a slice of hotel paradise.
Location• On Diani Beach • 4km from Ukunda village • 30km south of Mombasa airport
1 hour 30 minutes including a 5 minute ferry crossing
• 2 free-form pools • Shaded outdoor whirlpool • Swim-up bar • Private beach area with sun loungers and thatched parasols
• 3 restaurants • Coral Rock Café is the main restaurant, offering an extensive buffet including live cooking for breakfast and dinner • Sake Oriental air-conditioned restaurant serving Indian, Chinese and Japanese cuisine along with 2 Teppenyaki tables • Fins Seafood & Grill serving fresh fish and meat plus Mediterranean dishes for lunch and dinner
• Daily activities including volleyball, water polo, water aerobics and outdoor chess • Table tennis • Darts • Pool • Squash • Floodlit tennis court • 18-hole golf course 500m from hotel • Watersports centre offering scuba diving, PADI open water diving course, beach dive, windsurfing, snorkelling, boat trips, jet-skis, kite surfing, sailing, glass bottom boat rides and big game fishing • Health & Wellness Spa with steam rooms, sauna, fully-equipped fitness centre, relaxation areas for spa guests plus a health bar for drinks and snacks • Hair salon and beauty treatments • Games consoles
• Cinema • 5 bars including the Coral Rock bar, the pool bar which serves exotic cocktails, Dune's Nightspot & Bar for live music and dancing, the Touchdown sports bar and the Zebra Square Bar and adjacent Piano Lounge with a cigar and liqueurs corner • Theme nights twice a week in the garden areas along the beachfront - weekly African and Mediterranean nights
• Children's fun centre with games and a theatre • Children's menu • Shaded children's pool • Playground
• 24-hour reception • 24-hour room service available • Cyber café • Small shopping arcade • Money exchange • Launderette
All rooms have twin beds, air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, internet connection, minibar, tea & coffee making facilities, hairdryer, balcony or terrace, garden or sea view.
We also offer Deluxe rooms, Junior Suites and Limited sea-view rooms.
Deluxe rooms are larger in size with seating area, bathrobes & slippers and whirlpool bath.
Junior Suites are larger in size and have an open plan lounge, dining area and bedroom. The bathroom has a whirlpool bath and an additional TV in the lounge.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide.