Southern Palms Beach Resort details
Serving up one of the largest pool scenes in East Africa, this spacious hotel offers a beach break with a difference.
This beachfront hotel is as exotic as they come. Set alongside a strip of snow-white sands and surrounded by acres of tropical gardens, it’s got a real castaway vibe. And at the heart of it all you’ll find a first class pool scene. The two lagoon-like pools that snake their way through the grounds are huge. They both come framed by spacious sun terraces, too, so there’s plenty of space to chill out. And when you want to swap sun terrace for sand, it couldn’t be easier – just follow the palm-lined path down to the beach.
As for the hotel itself, it’s every bit as impressive as its grounds. Blending traditional Swahili and Arabic architecture, it’s a striking mix of domed towers, thatched roofs and curving archways. Bedrooms are fully air-conditioned and come with locally-carved four-poster beds, tiled ceramic floors and crisp, white walls. You’ll get your own roomy balcony or veranda, too, complete with comfy Swahili-style easy chairs.
On the dining front, there are four restaurants to choose from. Head to the poolside Manyatta Restaurant for barbecue food served up under a cool domed canopy. Or, for something more exotic, try the Lebanese restaurant and dine among hanging drapes and comfy cushions with the sound of ‘Jabali’ music providing the soundtrack. Then there’s the main buffet eatery, where big American-style breakfasts and regular theme nights are par for the course. Factor in five bars and there are plenty of places for sundowners, too.
Location• On a long white beach at the northern end of Diani • About 35km south of Mombasa • 1km to golf course • Restaurants and shops just a 5 minute taxi ride away
1 hour 30 minutes including a 5 minute ferry crossing
• 2 large pools • Poolside whirlpool bath • Fountains • 2 swim-up bars • Pool bars • Sunbeds at the poolside and on the beach • Pool towels and mattresses
• Main buffet restaurant serving international cuisine with regular show cooking and carvery • Poolside barbecue grill • Pizzeria and Italian restaurant • A la carte snack bar • Beach bar • Lounge bar, open 24 hours • Arabic-style bar with small Lebanese restaurant
• Sports and leisure entertainment programme • Windsurfing equipment, canoes and a catamaran • 2 air-conditioned squash courts • Pool games • Trial scuba dive in the pool - 1 per guest, age restrictions apply • Tennis courts • Pool table • Petanque • Aqua aerobics • Fitness centre • Beach volleyball • Water polo • Swahili lessons • Table tennis
• Local evening entertainment including live music and cultural dancers • Weekly poolside disco
• Supervised hotel-run children's club for 4-12yrs
• The following facilities are not included in your optional All Inclusive package: • Scuba diving • Deep sea fishing • Windsurfing equipment and canoes • Money exchange • Shop • Internet access • Beauty Salon • Massage • Manicure • Hairdresser
All rooms have a double bed, a day bed which converts into a single bed, air-conditioning, en suite bathroom with shower, TV, phone, minibar, tea/coffee facilities and a balcony or terrace facing the pools and gardens.
We also offer Superior Sea-view rooms with a double and a day bed and Interconnecting rooms with double beds and a day bedbed in bedroom. Interconnecting rooms have a garden view and should be booked in pairs.
Honeymoons and those celebrating Silver/Gold wedding anniversaries get fruit and flowers in the room and an à la carte meal - Half Board may be used as lunch on that day.
All Inclusive Option
• Full Board buffet meals • Dinner in the Grill and Italian restaurants • Snacks, tea and coffee 10.30-17.00 • Local spirits, wine, beer and soft drinks • Small bottle of water in room daily • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that are not part of your all inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Southern Palms Beach Resort:
in Nyali, Mombasa
in Bamburi Beach, Mombasa