Diani Sea Resort details
With a stretch of sun-bleached sand at the bottom of the garden and a lengthy list of watersports, the Diani Sea Resort is the ultimate beach retreat.
It’s the location that really sets this place apart. It’s tucked away in tropical gardens that step down to a sandy beach. What’s more, you’ve got prime safari territory on your doorstep, so if seeing a bit of Kenya’s wildlife is what you’re after, this place is a must-stay.
Looks-wise, the All Inclusive Diani Sea Resort has a touch of colonial romanticism about it. Its whitewashed, russet-roofed façade opens up to a lobby with a mural-topped reception, simple columns and big indoor palms.
The restaurants, too, are elegantly simple in style. The main eatery is a buffet affair set behind archways with tables dressed in white, orange and pale blue. Meanwhile, for favourites like pizzas, spaghetti and sandwiches, the poolside snack bar is spot on.
As for things to do, there’s plenty in the way of entertainment. Set in a clearing in the heart of the garden, the swimming pool should be your first port of call. If you’re after something a little more adventurous, though, there’s a PADI diving school on site, plus windsurfing, snorkelling and even deep sea fishing trips.
Location• On Diani's white sandy beach • 35km south of Mombasa • Centrally located in the resort of Diani • 800m to shopping centre
1 hour 30 minutes including a 5 minute ferry crossing
• Swimming pool • Small waterslide • Sunbeds with mattresses • Pool towels • Tropical gardens
• Main restaurant serving buffet breakfast and lunch, dinner is buffet or table d'hôte • Poolside snack bar for pizza, spaghetti and sandwiches 11.00-16.00 • Al fresco dining terraces • Weekly barbecue night • Packed lunches • Christmas Day gala barbecue • New Year's Eve gala meal • The following facilities do not form part of your All Inclusive package: • 'Romantic' à la carte dinners
• Daily activity programme • Floodlit tennis • Golf putting green • Minigolf • Squash • Basketball • Darts • Beach volleyball • Small gym • Billiards • Swahili lessons • Surf trials • Introductory scuba diving trial in the pool • Table tennis
• Evening programme including acrobatics and traditional dance shows • Live band and themed evenings • Lounge
• Shallow section of main pool
• Free Wi-Fi in reception, 18.00-22.00 • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package • Shopping arcade in front of the hotel • Massage • Scuba diving • Windsurfing • Snorkelling • Glass-bottom boat trips • Deep-sea fishing • PADI diving school • 18-hole golf course with discounted green fees for guests nearby
All rooms have air-conditioning, twin wash basins, TV with local channels and in-house DVD and music, telephone, hairdryer, mosquito nets, fruit plate and flowers in room on arrival and balcony. Twin rooms have twin beds or double bed and sleep up to 2 adults.
We also offer Family rooms and Superior Bahari rooms.
Family rooms sleep 3 adults and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 children with twin beds plus 2 extra beds and a ceiling fan in a separate smaller bedroom. Minimum occupancy is 3 people.
Superior Bahari rooms are as per twin rooms with the addition of tea and coffee making facilities, minibar and balcony or terrace with a partial sea-view
• Full Board • Afternoon tea and snacks - restrictions apply • Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks 10.00-24.00 - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Diani Sea Resort:
in Watamu, Mombasa