Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground details
Surrounded by thick pine woods, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground offers up a taste of the American outdoors.
This place is a great option if you like the outdoor life. It’s set in the middle of a huge pine forest and pulled up close to a beautiful lake.
Accommodation comes in the form of log cabins. They’re really homely, with sitting areas, cable TVs, kitchens and bathrooms. Large outdoor decks with barbecues provide the finishing touches.
In terms of things to do, sports take centre-stage. Pony trekking and fishing and canoeing trips are all on the agenda. Plus, you’ve got two swimming pools with waterslides and children’s splash zones. Evenings are all about outdoor movies and campfire singalongs hosted by Chip ‘n’ Dale.
As for food, you’ve got a choice of restaurants. The Trail’s End rustles up three generous buffet meals a day. There’s also a rustic tavern and a lively dinner show featuring Wild West dancing, live country music and gigantic all-you-can-eat suppers.
It’s pretty easy to get to the Walt Disney World theme parks from here, too. Ferryboats run from the lake jetties to the Magic Kingdom Park, while regular buses will transport you to the other parks.
Location• Located within the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.
1 hour 15 minutes
• 2 swimming pools and small manmade beach area
• All-you-can-eat buffet restaurant with pizza take-away and snack bar, open seasonally • Crockett's Tavern Lounge bar
• Tennis • Walking course • Bike rental • Boat rental • Pony rides • Fishing
• Chip 'n' Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long • Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue and Mickey's Backyard BBQ live shows - reservation required on arrival
• Playground • Petting Farm • 'Afternoon Adventures'
• Free Wi-Fi • Disney store • Laundry service
Cabins sleep up to 6 - max 4 adults - with double bed, bunk beds and a pull-down bed in living room, air-conditioning, cable TV with Disney Channel, kitchen, patio deck with charcoal grill.
Disney Guest Benefits:
- Extended theme park hours
- Unlimited use of Disney's Free Transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort
- Take advantage of the Disney Dining Plans
- Open up more magic with your MagicBand
Sleeps up to
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide