Iberotel Lamaya Resort details
Rated highly by our guests, this family-friendly hotel delivers a lounge-around holiday.
The first striking feature about this hotel is its design. The front is really serene , with an ornamental pond decorated with urns seemingly suspended above the water. And inside the lobby, the Arabic effect goes into overdrive. Here, polished marble salons meet horseshoe archways, plump sofas and potted plants.
As for the setting, the hotel is fronted by a half-moon cove. There’s a jetty from where you can snorkel in the aquarium-like waters. And on the beach itself, you’ve got thatched parasols teamed with wicker sunbreaks. Peace and quiet isn’t in short supply, either. There’s little else nearby apart from neighbouring hotels, with the nearest town, El Quseir, 67 kilometres away.
The pools, meanwhile, are set in sun terraces that look out towards the bay. While the main lagoon number is set a little back, the children’s pool sits at the front alongside palm-peppered lawns. And talking of little ones, there’s a children’s club, a playroom and a dinky baby pool, too.
The buffet restaurant serves up international favourites. Head into the Al Diwan restaurant at breakfast, and you can get eggs cooked to order. And at dinner, pasta, fish and vegetable dishes line up along with carvery and barbecue stations.
Location• Peaceful location on one side of Coraya Bay • Stretch of beach equipped with sunbeds, umbrellas and a bar serving snacks • 5km from Marsa Alam airport
• 3 swimming pools with views across the bay • 2 pools, heated in winter • Pool bar • Towels
• Air-conditioned buffet restaurant with no-smoking section • Select alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - all self-service • Themed evenings • Late breakfast 10.30-12.00 • Lunch and refreshments from the Beach Bar • Ice-cream 10.00-17.00 • Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners
• Health club with multi gym, sauna, steam bath and whirlpool bath, 16yrs and over • Tennis • Football • Basketball • Beach volleyball • Archery • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Billiards • Table football • Darts • Table tennis
• Full daily programme • Evening shows, 6 times a week • Weekly Oriental show • Lobby bar with terrace • Entertainment is low-key and consists mostly of local Egyptian acts
• Children's pool, heated in winter • Playground • Playroom • Hotel-run kids' club • Kids' corner • Kids' buffet/dishes • Highchairs
• Entry to the Aqua Coraya Waterpark in Madinat Coraya • 24hr reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: Food and drinks at the aqua park • Minibar in room • Diving school • Massage • Shopping arcade • Laundry service • Internet • Disco twice a week • Hotel shuttle bus to the traditional town of El Quseir, 67km away
All rooms have air-conditioning/heating, satellite TV, phone, minibar, tea and coffee facilities replenished daily, hairdryer and balcony with garden view. Standard room has 1 double or twin beds.
We also offer Family rooms, Superior family rooms and Single rooms.
Family room has 2 extra beds suitable for children up to 12yrs and a curtain to separate child beds.
Superior Family room has a folding door partition between adult and child beds, and a large bottle of water daily, 2 bottles daily for families.
• Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner • Late breakfast until 11.30 • Local alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, by the glass 11.00-24.00 • Afternoon tea, coffee, snacks and cakes • Ice-cream for children - until sunset • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide