Riu Touareg details
Hemming 16 kilometres of pure white beach, the Riu Touareg is a seriously relaxing retreat.
This just-built hotel looks a bit like a sandcastle – appropriate really, given it fringes one of Boa Vista’s best beaches. This stretch of sand is exclusively for hotel guests, so it never gets overcrowded. Although it's a hotspot for nesting turtles during the summer months.
The hotel grounds are just as impressive. Glossy lawns and courtyards surround the buildings, creating a real sense of privacy. In terms of accommodation, you can opt for standard double rooms, family rooms or suites. There’s also an adults-exclusive area with a swimming pool and à la carte restaurant.
Adult zone aside, it’s the pool scene that really sets this place apart. There are four large pools, plus two separate children’s numbers. The main pool comes with islands and walkways, and weaves it way around the central terrace.
The hotel has plenty of restaurants, too. As well as the main buffet one, you’ve got the option of Cape Verdian, African and Asian eateries. And for al fresco lunches, there’s the poolside restaurant.
Location• On 16km-long Praia de Lacacao beach • 25km to the airport
• 5 swimming pools, 3 saltwater, 2 with adjoining whirlpool - 1 pool with adjoining whirlpool is exclusive to guests booked into the adults only section and is heated in winter • Pool bar with a swim-up bar • Pool bar exclusive to guests booked in to adults only section with free Wi-Fi • Sunbeds, parasols and towels
• Main buffet restaurant with terrace • Themed buffets twice weekly • Cape Verdian, Asian, African and poolside restaurant • Gourmet à la carte restaurant - adults-only, 1 visit per week • Cooking stations
• Tennis • Multi-sports court • Snorkelling • Scuba diving introduction in the pool • Beach volleyball • Table tennis • Kayaking • For over 18 years: • Gym • Hammam
• Daily daytime and evening entertainment • Shows, live music or RIU evening programme • Nightclub - 6 nights a week • 3 bars - Plaza, lobby, and lounge
• 2 children's pools • Playground • RiuLand kids' club, 4-7 and 8-12 years • RiuArt Atellier
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi in lobby • Internet room • Gift shop • Boutique • Wellness centre and spa treatments including massage • Beauty salon • Hairdresser
It is essential that you register to validate your Cape Verde visa at http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/legal/cape-verde-visas.html • Please note it can be windy on Cape Verde and watersports are only available when weather conditions allow.
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, hairdryer, mini-fridge, open-plan bathroom with shower and enclosed toilet and a balcony or terrace. Standard rooms sleep up to 2 with twin beds.
We also offer Junior suites, Suites, Family rooms, Superior Family rooms, Adults-only rooms and Adults-only Junior suites.
Junior suites sleep 2 adults with a double bed and include an integrated lounge area and hydro-massage bath.
Suites sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with double beds and extra sofa-beds in the lounge.
Family rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with a double bed and an extra sofa-bed.
Superior Family rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with a double bed and an extra sofa-bed and also have a separate lounge and space for a cot.
Adults-only rooms and Junior suites are located in the adults-only part of the hotel. All adults-only rooms have upgraded facilities including liquor dispenser, minibar, exclusive use of a pool with free Wi-Fi, exclusive evening service at the pool bar for pre/post dinner drinks, and exclusive use of the gourmet restaurant.
The Adult-only rooms and their facilities are exclusively available to those over the age of 18 so bookings will not be taken for younger guests. The correct Adult-only booking code must be applied. Guests in the standard/family section may not use the adults-only facilities.
5 Star, local category
Sleeps up to
24-hour All Inclusive
• Buffet breakfast, late breakfast, lunch and dinner • Coffee and cake • Cape Verdian, Asian, African and adults-only gourmet restaurant • Locally produced and imported alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide