Turtle Bay Hotel details
On the beach and in the middle of a national park, the eco-friendly Turtle Bay Beach Club is an escapist’s dream come true.
It doesn’t get much more away-from-it-all than here. The hotel is set in the heart of a National Marine Park, in over ten acres of tropical gardens. Better still, it's right on the beach. The hotel has a huge outdoor pool so close to the beach you can swap sun terrace for sand in seconds. And there’s an adults-only pool in the gardens when you fancy chilling out.
With such a prime spot, it’s only natural that conservation is high on the agenda. The beach is home to a variety of endangered creatures, including the Green, Hawksbill and Olive Ridley turtles. In a bid to preserve their namesakes, the hotel has launched a ‘Save the Turtle’ campaign, encouraging guests to get involved with a ‘beach clean up’ every Saturday. There’s even a prize for the team who collects the most seaweed and debris. And a look around the hotel will reveal they’re into recycling, too. Check out the trendy mosaics made from small squares of old flip-flops, or the unique wooden furniture made from broken-down dhow canoes.
But in terms of your own private space, the bedrooms here have recently been renovated so everything feels spacious and new. Think white walls, dark-wood furniture and pretty bedspreads. They all come with private balconies or verandas overlooking the gardens, too. And if you fancy splashing out, you’ve got a few options. Oceanfront rooms are right on the beach, while Lamu Superior rooms are set in cottage-style buildings.
On the food front, there’s plenty of choice. In the main poolside restaurant, everything is served up buffet-style, with regular theme nights featuring gourmet specialities from all over the world. Or, for à la carte eats, try the shorefront Blue Turtle Restaurant and dine on the sand with the sound of the sea as the accompaniment. There’s a pizzeria, too, and a snack bar serving up light bites between meals. Factor in evening entertainment in the form of live music and a disco, and nights at the Turtle Bay can be as lively or as laidback as you like.
Location• On the protected beach near the village of Watamu • 2km from the resort centre • 20km from the neighbouring resort of Malindi • Private section of beach with sunbeds
1 hour 45 minutes
• Swimming pool • Adults only quiet pool in the gardens • Pool towels, sunbeds and mattresses
• Weaver's Nest Bar overlooking tropical ponds • Ocean front Canoe bar • Poolside buffet restaurant with international cuisine • Snack bar • Pizzeria overlooking tropical ponds • A la carte restaurant - evenings only • Packed lunches available • Tea and coffee available in reception
• Introductory scuba diving lesson in pool • Floodlit tennis court • Racquets/tennis coach • Cycling • Crazy golf • Aqua aerobics • Water polo • Volleyball • Windsurfing - group tuition for beginners • Pedalos • Canoes • Boogie-boards • Use of snorkelling equipment - in front of hotel - guests must pay the National Marine Park entrance fees - beach access limited May-Sep due to varying tides • Table tennis • Darts
• Live bands twice a week • Day and evening entertainment, including disco, by pool, acrobats, traditional dancers and theme nights • Flatscreen TV in Weavers Nest
• Paddling pool • Fully supervised hotel-run kids' club for 4-12yrs, daily 10.00-13.00 & 15.00-21.00 with cartoons, films, games and field trips • Tarzan's Tree House • Playground set in tropical gardens • Children's menu and early meal sittings
• Complimentary e-mail • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Scuba diving school • A la carte menu • Advanced windsurfing - certificate required • Massage • Hairdresser • Business centre with internet access • Tailor • Gift shop • PADI courses for diving and underwater photography • Guided village and nature walks
All rooms have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en suite bathroom and separate shower, tea/coffee making facilities, mosquito proof sleeping area, hairdryer, balcony or patio and garden view. Double rooms have a double bed and single bed, an extra non-permanent bed available on request and can sleep 3 adults only or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 yrs.
We also offer Oceanfront rooms and Lamu Superior rooms.
Oceanfront rooms have a beachfront location with the same facilities as Double rooms.
Lamu Superior rooms offer Swahili furnishings and are located in smaller 'cottage style' blocks. Lamu superior rooms sleep up to 2 adults in twin beds or a queen-size bed on request with a shower.
Returning guests get a special gift - please advise us of the number of times you have visited to qualify.
Honeymoons and Anniversaries get upgraded from Club to Lamu room - subject to availability, flower garland, fruit basket, sparkling wine and flower decoration in room on arrival, photo, breakfast in bed and a special dinner on the beach or in the à la carte restaurant.
• Full Board - restrictions apply • Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide