Hyatt Regency Sharm el Sheikh details
With a lazy river and a house reef to complement its sleek interiors, this hotel is a cut above.
This hotel looks out over Gardens Bay, one of Sharm El Sheikh’s best dive spots. Plus it’s got a fantastic house reef where you can snorkel among shoals of fish. There are beaches nearby – orange sands gliding into the sea, as well as sunbathing rocks perched above. And last but not least, the hotel is close to Naama Bay – the centre is six kilometres away.
Top billing though has to go to the gardens. Studded with balustraded terraces and green-topped pavilions, they’ve got a hint of the English seaside promenade about them. Down by the pools though, you enter fairytale territory. A lazy river glides through trailing bougainvillea and grottoes. The main pool, meanwhile, comes complete with rocky edges and water cascades. And children are well catered for, with a corkscrew waterslide.
The hotel interiors are rather special, too – think understated regal. Cue elegant marble and indoor palms running through the public areas. Similarly, the rooms are refined and tasteful, with sleek wooden headboards, neutral colour schemes and extras like tea and coffee kits.
On the culinary front you’re spoilt for choice. You can watch your meat and fish being fried or grilled by chefs at Café Fresco, the main buffet restaurant. Show cooking is a feature at the gourmet Thai eatery, too. The most popular spot though is The Souk. Spilling out onto a palm-dotted patio, it offers up a lavish array of Asian, Western and Oriental cuisine for dinner – with evenings spiced up by authentic Bedouin drummers and musicians.
Location• On beach, facing famous The Gardens diving site • 6km to Naama Bay resort centre • 10km to airport
• 4 swimming pools • Rock grottos & waterfalls
• Selection of dining options including Sala Thai restaurant, seafront Beach House Bar and Grill and Café Fresco • 4 dining options in 'The Souk' shopping and entertainment area plus a dessert corner and a bar • Cascades pool restaurant
• 3 outdoor whirlpool baths, sauna and steam bath • Club Olympus fitness centre with gym and aerobics • Massage and aromatherapy • 4 floodlit tennis courts - 1 multi-sport for basketball use • Squash courts • Diving centre • 82m corkscrew waterslide
• Stars Music Bar • Azure lounge • Entertainment programme in The Souk
• Children's pool • Hotel-run children's club, 4-12 yrs
• 24hr room service • Shopping area • Beauty salon • Limousine office
All rooms sleeps up to 3 with air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, phone, internet access, minibar, hairdryer, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes, slippers, luxury toiletries and a balcony. Standard rooms have twin beds and sea-view or limited sea-view.
Regency Club seafront room has 1 king-size or twin beds, separate check-in facilities, private pool and beach area, tea/coffee and refreshments restocked all day and cocktails in the evening - alcoholic cocktails, canapés and continental breakfast at the Regency Club Lounge.
Honeymoons get a room upgrade - subject to availability, and welcome amenity on arrival.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide