The Ritz-Carlton details
A beachfront location. Gorgeous pools. And a large dose of glamour. The Ritz-Carlton does everything in lavish style.
Ritz is the perfect word for this hotel. It’s glamorous with a capital ‘G’. From the outside, it looks a bit like a wedding cake – the main building graduates upwards in grand, ice-white swirls topped by a gold dome.
If anything, the glitz goes up a notch inside. The lobby sets the tone – it’s all sparkling marble, opulent rugs and gold-topped pillars. A few steps further and you’re in the lounge. Pull up a stool at a cherry-wood bar that wouldn’t look out of a place in a gentleman’s club.
The main pool is another set-piece - a long lagoon, skirted by a café-bar and a kids' pool. Talking of kids, they'll love the hotel's mini-golf course and lazy river.
Just footsteps away, there's a rocky beach. Here, curtained gazebos and sunloungers provide perches for absorbing the sea views. Walk along the pontoon and you’ve got your own private aquarium to snorkel in, too.
Elsewhere, a lot of thought has gone into dining. In terms of a la carte options, there’s quite a choice. Reserve a seat at the fountain-decorated Japanese or the gourmet Italian. Or dig into meze at the Arabian corner. Piled with spangly floor cushions and Arabesque lamps, it’s the setting for regular belly dancing shows.
The rooms are in keeping with everything else – elegant and plush. Cue a warm, earthy colour palette accented by gleaming wood furniture, handsome sofas and rich drapes.
On the location front, the hotel stands on the Ras Um Sid peninsula, a little away from Naama Bay, so there’s an air of seclusion about it. Old Sharm’s restaurants are only two kilometres away, however, and there are lots of cabs to ferry you to Naama’s bright lights or take the complimentary hotel bus service from the hotel that runs at scheduled times.
Location• On beach on Ras Um Sid peninsula • 2km to Old Sharm Market • 7km to Naama Bay resort centre • Free scheduled shuttle bus
• 7 swimming pools: 1 large kidney-shaped swimming pool divided into 3, comprising diving pool and middle section heated during winter at manager's discretion • Lazy river • Jetty access to sea • Landscaped gardens • Sun terrace
• Buffet breakfast • Waiter service lunch and dinner • A la carte restaurants: La Luna - Italian cuisine; Blue Ginger - Japanese cuisine offers Sushi and Teppanyaki; Fayrouz - Arabian cuisine; Waves - beach bar and restaurant; Pyramid - pool bar and grill restaurant • Half Board evening meal in main buffet restaurant • Please note if you dine at an à la carte restaurant a supplement is payable for a three-course set menu • New Year's Eve gala dinner included
• Tennis • Scuba diving • Yoga • Minigolf • 24-hour fitness centre • Spa facilities with treatments used in the days of the ancient Pharaohs and Queens and an Arabian massage tent overlooking the Red Sea • Sauna and whirlpool bath
• Lobby lounge bar • Live music in the evenings - Cuban band and pianist • Fayrouz belly dancer and oriental music
• Children's pool • Hotel-run children's club • Playground • Children's menu
• Hair and beauty salon • Laundry service • Gift shop • Jewellers
All rooms have air-conditioning/heating, satelliteTV, phone, minibar, hairdryer and balcony. Standard rooms have 2 queen-size beds or 1 king-size bed.
Also available are Sea-view rooms and Club rooms.
Club rooms includes access to the Club Lounge with a dedicated concierge, five complimentary food and beverage presentations daily namely Continental breakfast 07.30 – 10.30, Midday snacks 12.00 – 14.30, Afternoon tea 15.30 – 17.00, Evening Hors d’oeuvres 18.00 – 20.00, Petite Fours and Cordials 20.30 – 22.30. Children under 12 years old are not allowed to enter the Club Lounge.
Honeymooners receive a room upgrade to a Suite - subject to availability - a honeymoon cake and 10% off Spa treatments.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide