Riu Varadero details
The ClubHotel Riu Varadero combines a beachfront location with a great pool scene and a lively entertainment programme.
With more than 20 kilometres of sand, crystal waters, and coral reefs, Varadero beach is the most popular beach in Cuba - and this brand new hotel has it all as its backyard.
Aside from its location, this property has a few other things to shout about. For starters, it's got three swimming pools, as well as a separate kids' pool. Two of the pools are big affairs, while the third is located at the adults only Deluxe Wing section - it's smaller, exclusive to Deluxe Wing guests and has a more laid-back vibe. Sun loungers and parasols come as standard, plus there are two swim-up bars and a couple of snack bars serving cocktails and light bites.
Elsewhere there's quite a selection of restaurants. Alongside the buffets, you've got themed venues. Down at the beach, meanwhile, there's another restaurant that comes with a bar.
Lastly, there are the bedrooms, which are spread across the one-storey main building and the little annexe blocks. They're well-equipped with extras like minibars, satellite TVs, and air-conditioning. Plus you'll get a private balcony or terrace as standard.
Location• On the beach • 14km from Varadero
40 minutes from Varadero
• 3 swimming pools - 1 activity pool, 1 quiet pool and 1 Deluxe Wing pool exclusively for guests staying in the Deluxe Wing section • Sun terrace • Sunbeds, parasols and towels by the pool • Sunbeds on the beach • 2 poolside snack bars • 2 swim-up bars
• 2 buffet restaurants • Theme buffet twice a week • 5 à la carte restaurants - gourmet, Asian, Italian, Creole and seafood • International restaurant exclusive to Deluxe Wing guests
• 2 tennis courts • Multi-sports pitch • Volleyball • Gym • Windsurfing • Pedalos • Catamarans • Sailing • Sauna • Steam bath • Whirlpool bath • Table tennis • RiuFit daily fitness activity programme
• Daytime entertainment programme several times a week • Shows or live music several times a week • Nightclub
• Children's splash pool • Miniclub • Playground • Daytime entertainment several times a week for 4-7 and 8-12 years
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Spa treatments • Beauty salon • Massage • Shops • Internet in rooms • Games room
Exclusive to guests staying in the Deluxe Wing section: • Private reception • Exclusive restaurant • Cigar bar • Swimming pool • Whirlpool bath • 24-hour room service • Butler service
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, CD player, phone, minibar, coffee-maker, hairdryer, iron/board and balcony or terrace. Double rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with air-conditioning, minibar, satellite TV, hairdryer, phone, coffee-maker, CD player, iron/board and a balcony or terrace.
Superior rooms are also available, and are located in the North section, closer to the beach, and are more spacious than Double rooms, sleeping up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
We also offer rooms in the Deluxe wing adults only section, minimum age 18 years, with extra services and facilities including private reception, exclusive International restaurant, cigar bar and swimming pool with whirlpool bath, 24-hour room service and butler service, these rooms are Junior suites, Suites and Master suites.
Deluxe wing junior suites are more spacious than standard rooms.
Deluxe wing suites are for 2 adults only.
Deluxe wing master suites are 1 junior suite and 1 suite interconnecting, and sleep 4 adults.
24-hour All Inclusive
• All meals and snacks • Selected locally produced and imported drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide