Sirenis Playa Turquesa details
A big All Inclusive with a first-class pool scene, the Riu Playa Turquesa comes with all the trimmings.
With tree-stacked mountains to the rear and turquoise seas to the front, this hotel couldn’t be in a better spot. What’s more, it’s cocooned in tropical gardens – think palms, hot-pink hibiscus flowers and bursts of bougainvillea.
But as great as they are, it’s not the gardens that make the headlines here. The main attraction is the pool complex. One of the top pools in Cuba, it’s a five-level affair connected by waterfalls and fountains. What’s more, there’s a separate area for the little ones, complete with a splash pool and mini-sunbeds. The whole set-up overlooks the beach, too. In fact, it’s so close to the sand you can lounge in the pool and feel the sea breeze on your face.
Inside, there’s a bright feel to things. Bedrooms come dressed in sunshine yellows and sky blues. Beds dressed in bold floral patterns, simple furniture and cosy sofas provide the furnishings, while roomy balconies or terraces offer some private outside space. In-room extras like air-conditioning, TVs and mini bars complete the picture.
On the food front, this place serves up six restaurants – one main buffet eatery and five à la cartes – so choosing where and what to eat is all part of the daily dining experience. Think stone-baked Italian pizzas, authentic Cuban fare and a themed restaurant. There are six bars, too, including a beachfront number that’s perfect for sundowners with the sand beneath your toes.
Location• On Playa Yuraguanal beach • 500m from Roca Azul Ecological Park • 15km from Guardalavaca
• 5 swimming pools with waterfall and fountain • Swim-up bar • Pool towels
• 6 restaurants including a buffet restaurant and 5 à la carte restaurants - Italian, Grill, Seafood, Romantic and Creole restaurants • Snack bar & 5 other bars • Christmas and New Year gala dinners
• Gym • Sauna • Windsurfing • Surfing • Snorkelling • Pedalos • Water polo • 8 tennis courts • Volleyball • Multi-sports pitch for mini-football and basketball • Table tennis
• Daytime activities & evening entertainment programme • Live music & shows • Adults-only disco • Dancing • Themed nights • Foreign language lessons • El Campanario lobby bar • Don Bartolo 24-hour snack bar • Wl Arroyo poolside bar with swim up bar • Las Caletas beach snack bar • Disco bar
• Children's pool within the kids' club area • Hotel-run kids' club for 4-12yrs with rooms dedicated to each age range in the kids' clubhouse • Playground • Children's activity area • Mini-disco
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Beauty salon • Massage • Gift shop • Laundry • Ironing service
Double rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults & 2 children with 1 double or 2 single beds, sofa-bed, bathroom with shower, closet, TV, telephone, hairdryer, safe, iron/board, coffee-maker, air-conditioning and balcony or terrace.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Buffet meals • 24-hour snacks • National and select international drinks - 1 bar open 24 hours • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide