Sol Rio de Luna & Mares Resort details
Set in one of the most beautiful parts of Playa Esmeralda, this place is every inch the good-looking beachfront retreat.
Framed by exotic greenery and set alongside a stretch of ice-white sand, the Sol Rio is in a first class spot. What’s more, there are a whole host of free watersports on offer at the beach – think windsurfing, snorkelling and catamarans – so there’s plenty to do besides relaxing.
Alongside the tropical gardens that cocoon the complex, the lagoon-like pool scene deserves a special mention. There are two huge outdoor pools to choose from, as well as a selection of roomy sun terraces. Factor in a poolside bar serving made-to-order cocktails throughout the day and it’s a great place to chill out.
Head inside, meanwhile, and you’ll find the vibe is just as laidback. Fresh cream walls provide the backdrop for simple wooden furniture and beds dressed in soft red cotton. Balconies or terraces come as standard, as do views of the gardens or the sea. In-room comforts like air-conditioning, satellite TVs and mini-fridges complete the picture.
On the food front, this place serves up no less than five restaurants. And with everything from big international buffets to authentic Cuban cuisine on the menu, there’s always plenty of choice. There’s a piano bar, too, and a beachfront disco, so nights at the Sol Rio can be as laidback or as lively as you like.
Location• On the beach • 5km to resort centre • 5km to the nearest local bars and restaurants
• 2 swimming pools • Swim-up bar • 2 pool bars • 2 beach bars • Sun terraces • Sunbeds • Towels
• Buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner • 1 visit to 2 of the à la carte restaurants per week - French, Italian, Mediterranean and Mexican • 2 snack bars - 1 open 24hrs
• Daytime programme with dance lessons, games and ecological excursions • Table tennis • Pool table • Darts • Aqua aerobics • Minigolf • Giant chess • Boules • Rifle shooting • Intro scuba diving pool lesson • Water polo • Health centre with 2 whirlpools, sauna, Turkish bath, relaxation area, gym & aerobics room • Tennis at Luna side • Non-motorised watersports include windsurfing, sailing, catamaran, snorkelling and kayaks
• Evening cabaret shows and disco • Theatre with activities throughout the day & night, music & bar service • Beach disco • 2 lobby bars - 1 open 24hrs • Disco bar • Theatre bar
• 2 kids' pool sections • Hotel-run kids' club for 5-12yrs • Cots • Highchairs
• The following are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Beauty treatments & massage in the health centre • Laundry service • Mini-market • Phone
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, phone and fridge. Double rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child with 1 queen-size or 2 double beds. Double ocean-view rooms available.
We also offer Suites and Superior sea-view rooms.
Superior sea-view rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, phone and fridge plus the following VIP features: private check-in & -out, bottle of rum in room on arrival, 4 à la carte restaurant reservations a week, 1 lobster dinner on request, minibar restocked daily with soft drinks, beer and water, bathrobes, tea/coffee facilities, pool towels, 20% discount on a full body massage in the Wellness centre and free late check-out until 15.00.
Suites sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children and have a separate living room and additional bathroom.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board - restrictions will apply • Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - restrictions will apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide