Nubian Island details
A sandy beach, pretty gardens and two pools – this village-style hotel is spot on for both families and couples.
This hotel is designed like a Nubian village. Think pink and terracotta buildings linked by winding pathways, wooden bridges and cacti gardens. The gardens merge into a beach, which slopes into the Red Sea in Nabq Bay. The waters are shallow for a long way out, so you can wade in to watch fish swim around the reef. And if you want to go swimming or snorkelling, there’s a long jetty jutting out to the deeper waters.
Elsewhere, the pool scene is nicely thought out. There are two large numbers, each with a different vibe. Head to the one near the lobby to laze the day away in peace and quiet. At the second, meanwhile, there’s a livelier feel with a swim-up bar and a family-friendly vibe. That said, both pools come with their own children’s sections, so you can still choose between quiet and upbeat if you have kids in tow.
In terms of accommodation, rooms are tastefully decorated with cream walls, light-wood furniture and plum-and-cream soft-furnishings. Satellite TVs and mini-fridges are supplied as standard, and each room connects to a terrace or balcony. If prviacy is really important, meanwhile, you can plump for one of the bungalows spread around the grounds.
The dining scene deserves a mention, too. As well as a buffet eatery, you’ve got a gourmet fish restaurant, an Italian trattoria and a pub-style bar.
Location• On the beach
• 2 swimming pools • Sunbeds • Parasols • Poolside whirlpool bath • 2 pool bars
• 3 restaurants including International buffet restaurant • Snack bar • Christmas and New Year gala dinners • The following are not part of your All Inclusive package • A la carte fish restaurant • Napolitano restaurant
• Intro scuba diving pool lesson • 2 tennis courts • Table tennis • Small aqua park
• Nightly entertainment • Live singer in lobby bar • Evening shows during the week - Oriental, Russian, cabaret, variety and bingo • Up Town pub and VIP lounge exclusively for those who upgrade to Ultra All Inclusive
• 2 children's pools - 1 is section of main pool • Mini-disco • Hotel-run kids' club for 4-12 yrs
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package • PADI approved scuba diving school • Snorkelling • Tennis equipment and floodlights • Sauna • Whirlpool bath • Steam room • Beauty salon • Bazaar • Photo shop • Jewellery shop • Money exchange • Internet • Minibar in room - on request • Conference room
Standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 children with 1 double or twin beds, a fold-up bed, air-conditioning, satellite TV, phone, hairdryer, mini-fridge and balcony or terrace with garden view. Garden-view bungalows sleeping 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, with a double bed and an extra bed in bedroom, are available. Superior bungalows sleep up to 4 adults with a king-size bed in a bedroom and a separate twin bedroom.
• Buffet meals • Snacks • Local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, by the glass - time restrictions may apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not included in your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Ultra All Inclusive is available at a supplement.
• International alcoholic brands • Laundry • Dining in all à la carte restaurants • Room service - 1 order per day • 24-hour buffet in the VIP lounge • 2 massages per stay - 30 minute duration • Minibar filled daily • Hair session twice per week • Bottle of wine and fruit basket in the room on arrival
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide